This position will work primarily to bring knowledge of artistic and creative concepts to students in their learning environment. It will help students understand the artistic concepts in various types of visual communication, possibly including, but not limited to drawing, painting, ceramics and/or design.
Additional Job Information:
Key elements of this position:
* To create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity, interest, and abilities of students;
* To guide the learning process toward the achievement of established District curriculum goals;
* To establish and communicate clear objectives to the students for all lessons, units, and projects;
* To strive, by instruction and action, to employ the District's philosophy of education, instructional goals and objectives, curriculum integration and performance expectations;
* To assess the accomplishments of students on a regular basis, provide progress reports as required, and communicate with parents as directed by the administration;
* To maintain accurate, complete, and correct records as required by the law, District policy and administrative regulation; and
* To develop a code of conduct for the classroom which is consistent with established administrative policies and develop rules of classroom behavior which are enforced in a fair and just manner.
Bachelor's Degree required with a minimum of a 2.50 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
T-4 certification through the Georgia Professional Standards Commission in Art Education (P-12)
About Clayton County Public Schools
Clayton County Public Schools is located just 12 miles south of Georgia's capital city Atlanta. Clayton County covers 143 square miles and is home to 259,424 residents. While it is one of Georgia's smallest geographical counties, it is one of the most densely populated. Clayton County has the relaxed and neighborly feel of a small town, but with all the amenities of a major metropolitan area. An attractive lifestyle, business opportunities, a fine public educational system plus a university, and numerous excellent healthcare facilities make Clayton County a highly attractive place to live, work and play.
Clayton County Public Schools is the fifth largest school district in Georgia providing educational services to its students in the following manner: 36 elementary schools, 14 middle schools, a 6-12 public charter academy, 10 high schools, 1 alternative school/technical center, and three special education program schools. There are currently 14 Magnet programs in the district in the areas of Visual and Performing Arts, Spanish Dual Language Immersion, Early College/Advanced Academics, STEM/STM, Film & Media Academy, Mathematics and Computer Science, and Political Leadership.
Clayton County Public Schools offers a full, aggressive benefits package. Please visit www.clayton.k12.ga.us to review the complete listing of benefits.