The School of Public Health Department at the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth, Texas is seeking to hire an Associate Dean for Research and Faculty Advancement to join our team.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Provide strategic guidance in identifying and communicating opportunities for funding.
* Oversee the School's Office of Research Services and supervise research services staff.
* Provide coaching and mentorship in research for early career faculty members within the School.
* Develop internal grant and pre-review mechanisms to ensure the strongest possible proposals are submitted for review.
* Work collaboratively with the School's PhD programs.
* Collaborate with partners across campus and with other universities
* Promote engagement in interdisciplinary research across the School's faculty and externally with other individuals, organizations, relevant stakeholders, and community partners.
* Support and foster community-based research.
* Develop and implement strategies to promote dissemination of School research at local, University and national conferences and meetings.
* Identify and support partnerships with both internal and external organizations in seeking funding opportunities.
* Work collaboratively with other School leadership.
* Assess the School's research activities, processes and infrastructure and implement improvements, as needed.
* Assist the Dean with other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have a doctoral degree in public health or a related field, and hold the rank of Associate Professor or Professor. In addition, the successful candidate will have a strong record of teaching, research, publication, service, and other academic accomplishments. The position is a 0.30 FTE, 12-month appointment.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter describing their background and experience, a curriculum vitae, and contact information for three references electronically through our employement website.
For questions or additional information regarding any of the position, contact the Dean, Dennis L. Thombs, PhD, FAAHB (Dennis.Thombs@unthsc.edu).
DEADLINE -- Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
Internal Number: 5954
About University of North Texas Health Science Center
The University of North Texas System includes the University of North Texas in
Denton, the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth and the
University of North Texas at Dallas. The UNT System is the only public university
system headquartered in Dallas-Fort Worth – the fourth-largest metropolitan area
in the United States. The UNT System is dedicated to serving our students and this
diverse region through a wide offering of degree plans and research initiatives. With
combined enrollment of nearly 44,000 students, the UNT System awards more than
9,000 degrees each year – including the largest number of master’s and doctoral
degrees in the DFW region. The UNT System has an annual budget of $1 billion and
boosts the Texas economy by $5.2 billion each year.