Seeking an innovative and experienced teacher for grades 3-6 grade mixed classroom, with strengths in Literacy, Global Studies, Science and Humanities to join our teaching team. Interest in Music and Art and Diversity Education is helpful.
• Developing and delivering an integrated, project-based, elementary core curriculum, including science, math, and diversity education following student interests and passions, in collaboration with colleagues.
• Working with diverse learning styles and a wide range of student needs.
• Using a portfolio assessment to evaluate teaching effectiveness and student progress.
• Map curriculum while providing opportunities for student input.
• Providing instruction in electives as requested by students (mixed age K-12).
• Serving as a student mentor, leading community service efforts, planning and chaperoning class trips
• Host an afterschool advisory, club, or team activity.
• Serving as a mentor to Associate Teachers, interns, and aides
• Working closely with paraprofessionals to provide effective support to students.
• Attending professional development programs that will occasionally require weekend days and travel.
• Other duties as assigned.
• B.A. or M.A. in Elementary Education, Liberal Arts or Humanities
• Significant Elementary classroom experience.
• Experience in a progressive education (Reggio, Montessori,etc.) setting that provided opportunities to inspire ideas, create from the ideas of others and face challenges for growth and development among students and teachers, the curriculum, and school culture.
• Success in working collaboratively with colleagues, staff, parents, volunteers, and the surrounding community.
• A commitment to foster an inclusive and diverse learning environment that cultivates an awareness of and sensitivity to differences among people.
• Excellent communication skills, sound judgment, and emotional maturity.
• An affinity for working with elementary school-aged children.
• A willingness to learn and improve professionally and collegially.
• Graduate work in educational philosophy, administration and/or instructional methods.
• Special Ed background preferred
• A demonstrated commitment to community service.
• Expertise in art, music and/or French/ASL
• A sense of humor
Additional Salary Information: Health and other benefits
About Voyagers' Community School
Progressive, Experiential, Holistic, Reggio-Inspired, Toddler through High School