Friends’ Central School is an independent, coeducational Quaker day school founded in 1845 and serving approximately 800 students in Nursery through grade 12. Located in the Philadelphia suburbs, the School has two campuses. The Middle & Upper Schools are located just outside of West Philadelphia in Wynnewood, and the Lower School is on our Old Gulph Road campus in the heart of Wynnewood.
The exceptional faculty at Friends’ Central offers a curriculum that is both intellectual and thoughtful, cultivating the intellectual, spiritual, and ethical growth of our students. Our pedagogy is grounded in continuing revelation, reflection, integrity, and a willingness to accept responsibility. From Nursery to grade 12, our students participate in a process designed to foster creative, critical, and flexible thinking, along with compassion. As they transform from playful children to skilled, self-possessed teenagers, they are always intellectually curious and engaged thinkers. Friends’ Central prepares graduates to succeed in college and in life.
Lower School Part-Time Extended Day Teacher
Friends’ Central Lower School seeks an Extended Day assistant teacher for a part-time position to begin immediately. Friends’ Central’s Lower School Extended Day Program provides a safe, supportive space for students to enjoy after the school day concludes. Our Extended Day Program provides snack, homework space, and supervised play for students. This position is responsible for assisting with programming for and administration of the Lower School Extended Day Program and will be under the supervision of the Director of the Extended Day Program.
• Assist with planning appropriate and engaging daily activities for a range of ages within the Extended Day Program, ensuring that students are happy, healthy, and actively engaged
• Assist with setting up space each afternoon and putting things away at the end of the day
• Bachelor’s degree with emphasis on early childhood and/or elementary education, or equivalent experience preferred
• 2-3 years of relevant teaching or after-school/camp experience required
• Familiarity with current learning theories and basic principles of human growth and development and ability to consider them in the design and implementation of learning experiences
• Demonstrated proficiency in database systems
• Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to communicate effectively with students, parents, and school staff
• All employees will be required to have an up-to-date FBI, child abuse, and PA state clearances prior to employment
Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter and statement of educational philosophy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friends’ Central School seeks candidates with a commitment to fostering an inclusive learning community, who will address issues of diversity, as well as enhance the Philosophy of Inclusivity and Awareness articulated in our Diversity Statement.
About Friends' Central School
Friends’ Central School is an independent, coeducational, college-preparatory, Quaker day school, founded in 1845, serving 800 students in Nursery through grade 12. Located on two campuses in Wynnewood, Pa., Friends’ Central blends a rigorous curriculum with enduring Quaker principles of kindness, compassion, and generosity of spirit to create a solid foundation for a future of opportunity and success. Students at Friends’ Central School are taught to think critically and creatively, and they learn the value of good character and strong work ethic to develop into active and engaged citizens.
Friends’ Central seeks candidates who will enhance the philosophy of inclusivity and awareness articulated in our Diversity Statement.