We are currently seeking a talented, passionate HS IB English teacher for the 2019-2021 school years. You will be responsible for implementing the teaching curriculum, insuring the success of our students, and to work with a team of teachers within the school and network community.
Design lessons and units that lead to standards mastery and are aligned to grade level expectations and end-of-year assessments
Personalize instruction by planning a program of study that meets students individual needs
Collaborate with other humanities teachers, school leaders, IT integrators, and curricular specialists to ensure that instruction is always meeting the needs of all learners.
Secure and prepare instructional materials in advance using a variety of resources
Communicate regularly and often with families to both solicit their input and share student social and academic progress.
Preferred School-Wide Qualifications
Five years of recent work experience at the grade level(s) and in the subject area(s) of the position
Experience working in an internationally and linguistically diverse school setting
IB English training and teaching experience
Master’s degree in pertinent subject area is a plus
Familiarity with recent North American teaching materials and methodologies
Experience with data-driven assessment tools that facilitate differentiated instruction
Evidence of recent professional development activities
Effective oral and written communication within a school community
Ability to integrate instructional technology into the curriculum
Familiarity and experience with the Spanish language at the beginner/intermediate level
Additional Salary Information: ASB base teacher salary and benefits package (including a relocation allowance for overseas hires)
Full time position (Mon – Fri, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm)
School lunch and bus is provided
About The American School of Barcelona
The American School of Barcelona (ASB) is an international, private, non-profit, coeducational day school serving students from 3-18 years old in the greater Barcelona metropolitan area since 1962. ASB offers a university preparatory curriculum which provides its graduates access to American, Spanish and international universities. ASB:
- is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and the International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO)
- is recognized in Spain as a Centro Extranjero (foreign school) by the Generalitat de Catalunya and the Spanish Ministry of Education
- receives a grant from the US Department of State's Office of Overseas Schools
- belongs to the Mediterranean Association of International Schools (MAIS) and European Council of International Schools(ECIS) regional associations
- participates in the European Sports Conference (ESC), a regional sports league made up of schools from around the region
- leads the Barcelona International School Association (BISA) and has close ties with other international schools in Spain
All graduates earn an American diploma and most choose the IB Diploma Program (IBDP) in their final two years, w...hich grants them access to Spanish universities as well as to universities around the world. The school has scored above the IBDP world average every year since it started granting the diploma in 2009. ASB was the first school in Barcelona to start the IB in English.