The Masters School seeks a skilled educator to teach middle school Spanish classes. Ideal candidates will be native or near-native Spanish speakers and will have experience working with young people. This part-time position offers the opportunity to engage students in learning Spanish in student-centered classrooms. Additional consideration will be given to candidates who have experience in proficiency-based language learning environments and to candidates with a demonstrated commitment to fostering diversity and inclusion, within and outside the classroom.
* Teach one section of 5th, one section of 7th and one section of 8th grade Spanish
* Successfully engage and develop students’ interest and enthusiasm for the subject matter
* Attend full faculty meetings and Spanish program meetings
HOW TO APPLY: To apply, please submit a letter of interest explaining why you would succeed in this position, resume, 3 references and salary requirements via email to email@example.com (Adobe® PDF format preferred) and include “Middle School Spanish Teacher part time” in the subject line.
* Bachelor’s degree in Spanish or Education or related areas of study
* At least three years of teaching experience, preferred ? Understanding of and desire to work with middle school students ? Familiar with and/or willing to explore student-centered pedagogical approaches
* Proven ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues ? Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Energy, enthusiasm and curiosity – willingness to be a fellow learner with students
* Proficient in the use of technology ? Demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion and a high degree of cultural competency
About The Masters School
The Masters School (www.mastersny.org) is a coeducational day and boarding school that engages 5th–12th grade students with a challenging academic program in a welcoming learning environment. Located on 96 picturesque acres overlooking the Hudson River, The Masters School community takes advantage of both its access to the tri-state area and its proximity to the rich cultural and educational magnet that is New York City. We offer our diverse student body, hailing from 33 different countries, the resources and activities of our seven-day campus and dedicated, talented faculty and staff. Through exceptional academics, outstanding visual and performing arts, championship athletic teams, and active community engagement, the Masters experience prepares students to thrive in college, career, and life. Our students graduate determined to make a positive contribution to their world.
The Masters School celebrates active participation, deep understanding, and meaningful connection. A community of diverse individuals, we gather to learn, to strive, to dare, to do – to be a power for good in the world.