• Leads the hiring process and makes recommendations to the Assistant Superintendent of Personnel; supervises and evaluates the performance of the school personnel.
• Directs and coordinates District, federal, and state initiatives and mandates.
• Is responsible for safety, discipline, and general order of the school.
• Fosters and maintains positive relationships with all staff, students, parents, and community members.
• Provides leadership in curriculum, evaluation, and professional development.
• Promotes and develops the leadership capacity of others through meaningful opportunities, collaboration, and involvement.
• Successfully mediates concerns between and among teachers, staff, parents and students.
• Works collaboratively with multiple administrative, District, and site teams to share best practices to promote the success of all students.
• Analyzes data to make informed site-based curricular and program decisions.
• Embraces and implements the effective use of technology to enhance instruction, and improve communication and administrative and management functions.
• Plans and directs the business operations of the school; develops and administers site budgets; assures proper allocation of funds for instructional and non-instructional equipment and materials.
• Facilitates co-curricular activities and student organizations.
• Must possess a valid California teaching and administrative credential
• Must have a valid California driver’s license
© Copyright 2014 National Board for Professional Teaching Standards