SOQUEL ELEMENTARY SCHOOL DISTRICT Adopted 01/09/91 TITLE: Middle School Assistant Principal
1) Valid certification as an administrator or supervisor.
2) A minimum of five years of experience in the field of public education, including experience as a classroom teacher.
REPORTS TO: Principal
SUPERVISES: Staff members designated by the principal
JOB GOAL: To assist the principal in providing school-wide leadership and to learn the role of the principal.
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES: 1) Assists the principal in the overall administration of the school.
2) Serves as principal in the absence of the regular principal.
3) Proposes schedules of classes and extra-curricular activities.
4) Supervises the preparation of student schedules.
5) Works with departments and faculty in compiling the annual budget requests.
6) Assists in the conducting of safety inspections and safety drill practice activities.
7) Assumes responsibility for coordinating custodial, cafeteria and other support services.
8) Supervises the reporting and monitoring of student attendance and works with appropriate staff for investigative follow-up actions.
9) Assists in maintaining discipline throughout the student body and deals with special cases as necessary.
10) Serves with parent, faculty and student groups as requested in advancing educational and related activities and objectives.
11) Performs such record-keeping functions as the principal may direct.
12) Supervises and evaluates teachers and classified staff as assigned by the principal.
13) Assists with academic counseling.
14) Is a productive member of the district-wide administrative team.
15) Performs such other tasks and assumes such other responsibilities as the principal may from time to time assign.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Two hundred and five day workyear. Salary as provided in current Administrative Salary Schedule.
EVALUATION: Performance of this position will be evaluated by the supervising principal.
All Prospective candidates should include with their online application:
1. Letter of Introduction
3. Copy of Credentials
4. Three letters of recommendation
Additional Salary Information: Qualifications:
Current Administrative Credential
Five years successful teaching experience
Master's Degree Stipend $1,358.
Bilingual Stipend $500.00
Doctorate Stipend $1,358
About Soquel Union Elementary School District
Soquel Union Elementary School District is very fortunate to have a long standing tradition where our community works together to create exciting programs for all students. During the past few years we have strengthened our academic programs in the areas of Art, Music, Project-Based Learning and 21st Century Instruction. We are passionate about providing every child with the opportunity to reach his or her highest learning potential. Here is a brief overview of our terrific schools.
The Soquel Union Elementary School District serves 1,900 students in the communities of Capitola, Soquel and Santa Cruz, California. The scenic and historic area is known primarily for its tourism. The natural beauty of the redwood forest meeting the seashore provides the backdrop for our five schools:
TK Opal Cliffs
K-5 Main Street Elementary School
PreK-5 Santa Cruz Gardens Elementary School
K-5 Soquel Elementary School
6-8 New Brighton Middle School
Santa Cruz County is located 75 miles south of San Francisco on the northern end of Monterey Bay. The terrain ranges from redwood forested mountains to seashore to open farmland. The climate is temperate year round. Picturesque Santa ...Cruz offers many of the amenities of a larger city with less of the accompanying congestion, with many restaurants and attractions and the beaches and beautiful coastline of Capitola and Santa Cruz rounding out the recreational aspects of our community. Within Santa Cruz County are nine state parks and a year-round small craft harbor. Our community enjoys the benefit of a campus of the University of California and a community college.