The Principal of Upper Learning supervises all aspects of Galloway’s Upper Learning program, specifically the activities for grades 9 through 12, is responsible for the supervision, evaluation and development of Upper School faculty and administrative staff, and collaborates with other school administrators in the oversight and alignment of curriculum and other programs, and sets the tone for the division by reflecting high professional standards, integrity, and demonstrated commitment to excellence, within and beyond the classroom.
The ideal candidate will be a proven administrator or department leader with the necessary skills for working with a dynamic faculty, a diverse student population, and a dedicated parent community. She/he should also be a team player who has a warm collaborative nature, positive energy, sense of humor, can be both a consensus builder and decisive decision maker, and understands the importance of accountability and consistency in managing people, programs, and initiatives. She/he possess superior organization and prioritization skills and are self-motivated in the completion of his/her work. She/he have excellent skills in communication and technology, including outstanding writing and public speaking skills. She/he possess a deep commitment to the regular evaluation of curriculum, academic programming, and faculty growth with an eye towards vertical/horizontal alignment, relevant and intentional student experiences, and cutting-edge teaching and learning.
· Lead, manage, supervise, support, and advance all matters related to the administration, faculty and staff, operation, budget, policies, procedures, facilities, and structures of entire Upper Learning program
· Provide strategic leadership to faculty/staff to support and advance the strategic mission of the school
· Maintain effective communication with faculty, staff, students, parents, and school Leadership Team
· Develop, maintain, and ensure that all policies and guidelines for faculty, staff, and students are in keeping with the mission and educational best practices for positive student conduct and enforce behavior guidelines
· Work in cooperation with other academic leaders on all crossover issues of educational and academic integrity
· Maintain a highly visible, positive profile and model effective, appropriate, and accurate communication
· Recruit top, diverse candidates for consideration for employment
· Maintain exceptional attention to detail while staying adaptable in high pressure situations
· Work directly with the Teaching and Learning Team on faculty growth and renewal
· Other duties as needed to successfully complete the job or as assigned by the Head of School
Education: Advanced Degree Preferred
Experience: Minimum of 5 years of school administrative, staff supervisory, and budgetary management experience required
Disposition: Accessible, approachable including a good sense of humor and able to maintain confidentiality while effectively managing and working with staff, students, and parents
Additional Salary Information: Salary will be negotiated based on degree earned and experience