Park Tudor is currently seeking an experienced, innovative, dynamic, and highly collaborative Lower School Spanish teacher for the 2019-2020 school year. The ideal candidate would enjoy being part of a supportive, highly collaborative environment. The successful candidate will be able to teach a variety of course levels from Junior Kindergarten to 5th Grade. Candidates must be willing to work with students outside the classroom and assist with travel programs and other extracurricular offerings.
The World Language department currently incorporates a Teaching with Comprehensible Input (TCI) curricular approach to second language acquisition for all language students. The ideal applicant will demonstrate a working knowledge of TCI and be excited to further their understanding of TCI methodologies and techniques through generously funded professional development and collaboration with colleagues.
Instruction in world languages at Park Tudor begins in junior kindergarten and continues through grade 12. Spanish is completely integrated into the curriculum in junior kindergarten through grade 5. In grade 6, students may elect to begin French or continue Spanish. At the high school level, a rigorous program of six levels of Spanish and French, including Advanced Placement, helps engage students in the study of the language as well as the culture. Park Tudor students often elect to take two languages to strengthen their skills and expand their horizons. The strength of the faculty is testament to the success of the students.
Experience: Previous teaching experience and independent school experience preferred.
Student-centered and a passion for teaching lower school students
Seeks out feedback in order to reflect and improve
Willingness to lead or assist a club, activity, or athletic team
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Strong interpersonal skills
Professionalism with and amongst all constituencies
Commitment to professional development
Willingness to engage in all aspects of the Park Tudor community while promoting and supporting the School’s mission, vision, and values
About Park Tudor School
Park Tudor is an independent school in Indianapolis, Indiana that prides itself on upholding a tradition of academic excellence that began in 1902. As a college preparatory school for children ages 3 through grade 12, we provide an exceptional learning environment where children are encouraged to explore opportunities, exceed expectations, and expand possibilities. Small class sizes, a safe and caring atmosphere, and numerous extracurricular activities that include the arts and athletics, ensure that each child at Park Tudor receives a unique educational experience catered to his or her individual passions.
Park Tudor School offers excellent pay and a comprehensive benefit package. Our professional development focuses on Mind, Brain, and Education research and application, Equity and Inclusion, and Community Engaged Learning. Professional development opportunities are also available for participation in conferences, workshops, and membership in professional organizations. Park Tudor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Those who would add to the diversity of our staff are strongly encouraged to apply.
To create an inspiring college-preparatory learning envir...onment, with exceptional educators and extraordinary opportunities, that prepares and motivates students to become balanced, confident, and resourceful lifelong learners.
Ignite curiosity. Instill compassion. Inspire courage.
Integrity Intellectual Engagement Resourcefulness
Park Tudor at a Glance:
• 9-to-1 student-teacher ratio
• 100% college placement rate; 98% of students attend one of their top 3 colleges of choice
• More than $3.8 million in financial aid awarded annually to our students
• Consistently among the highest average SAT scores in the state
• Indy’s only Global Scholars Program: Park Tudor's unique version of the International Baccalaureate, designed specifically to be the ultimate college preparatory program for highly motivated juniors and seniors
• Focus on global citizenship through comprehensive world languages program starting in junior kindergarten
• 28% of student body come from racially and ethnically diverse backgrounds
• 15 Upper School and 12 Middle School sports offered
• 80% of students participate in fine arts and 80% play on an athletic team
• International experiences for students in grades 4-12 through study-travel programs
• Commitment to Community-Engaged Learning
• Full-day junior and senior kindergarten programs
• Focused liberal arts program with dynamic world language and fine arts programs at every grade level