The Pilot School has an immediate need for a long term substitute who is an experienced middle school math teacher. A background in special education is preferred.
This position is full time until the end of the school year (9 weeks). A background check is required.
Please include cover letter, resume and professional references.
About The Pilot School
Unlocking the Potential. The Pilot School's mission is to uncover the unique educational challenges of each student, and to give each child the specific developmental tools, guidance, and attention needed to learn, achieve, and ultimately to feel comfortable and be successful in the academic environment that is most appropriate.
Pilot's Belief Statements - Challenging The Myth of Normal
• Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs.
• Students learn in different ways and should be provided with a variety of instructional approaches to support their learning.
• Curriculum and instructional practices should incorporate learning activities to accommodate differences in learning styles.
• A small group setting is fundamental in meeting our students’ learning needs.
• Students’ self-esteem is enhanced by positive relationships and mutual respect among and between students and staff.
• Students who participate in service-oriented activities within the school and world community develop a greater sense of
compassion for others and a better understanding of their roles in society.
• Students learn best when they are activ...ely engaged in the learning process.
• Students benefit from the understanding of their individual strengths and weaknesses.
• Appropriate placement, upon transition from The Pilot School, is an important factor in our students’ continuing educational experiences.
• A collaborative community of home and school fosters a safe, supportive environment where children can thrive.
• A commitment to continuous improvement is imperative if our school is going to enable students to become confident and independent lifelong learners.
The Pilot School Difference: Learning How To Learn
Just as every human being is unique, so are the programs designed for intellectually capable children who need an individualized, therapeutic learning environment to build basic academic skills, independence, and age appropriate problem solving skills.
Please see our website for more information: www.pilotschool.org