Chapin School, a coeducational three-year-old through eighth grade independent school located in Princeton, NJ, seeks an energetic, caring, and collaborative World Language Spanish teacher to join our teaching team. Chapin School values the role all teachers have in achieving the school’s mission to provide a richly-textured education that inspires academic achievement and builds strength of character. Chapin is committed to each child’s academic, emotional, ethical, creative and social development through inquiry-based, experiential learning activities that fully engage our students in the collaborative learning process.
Candidates are able to:
· Nurture the natural curiosity of young learners
· Use diverse and age-appropriate instructional practices to ensure both language acquisition and academic success
· Analyze student learning and plan a variety of engaging learning activities that respond to assessment data
· Fluently use both Spanish and English, while conducting classes primarily in the target language
· Collaborate and be flexible with colleagues and students
· Integrate technology to enhance teaching and learning
· Ensure effective and positive parent communication
· Demonstrate a commitment to diversity and equity work with young children
· Knowledgeable of social-emotional learning philosophies that foster a strong, caring classroom community based on student engagement in learning and shared respect
Bachelor’s degree required. To apply, please visit chapinschool.org to electronically submit a cover letter, resume, and statement of philosophy to email@example.com. Communication should be addressed to Barbara Pasteris, Head of School. No telephone inquiries please. All submissions will be acknowledged upon receipt, and those candidates who best match the qualifications will receive an interview.
Chapin School is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunities. The school and its representatives adhere to the laws governing hiring practices. Fair and consistent practices are followed for every applicant.
About Chapin School Princeton
The Chapin School of Princeton New Jersey, a co-ed three-year-old through eighth grade school dedicated to the belief that lifelong habits of the mind and heart are formed in the elementary and middle school years. Chapin provides a richly textured education that inspires academic achievement and builds strength of character. Highlighting the five virtues of good character; Respect, Responsibility, Honesty, Kindness, and Perseverance; these values are interwoven into the whole community at Chapin making it a warm and supportive community for all.