Position Purpose: The Director of Enrollment Management position is a part of Teton Science Schools Independent School community. This position manages enrollment in a integrated, data-informed and strategic manner across the two independent schools. Managing enrollment means the recruitment and retention of mission appropriate families and students.
This is a full-time, exempt position.
Please include a cover letter and contact information for three (3) references.
• Master's Degree Preferred
• At least 5 years experience in a relevant field
• Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external constituents
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated experience leading high functioning teams towards a common mission
• WFA/CPR/AED certifications required
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
• Stretches of time outdoors in all weather, including extreme temperatures and arid conditions
• May be expected to work evenings, weekends or overtime to support special programs/events
• Ability to drive a 15 passenger van or mini-bus
30% Admissions and Tuition Assistance
• Collect and use enrollment data to guide enrollment efforts
• Plan and coordinate admission calendar events for JS and TVCS
• Recruit, enroll and retain JS and TVCS students
• Represent TSS Independent Schools in professional organizations related to Independent School EM
• Manage EM Budget
• Oversee TA Process
30% Student/Family Experience and Retention
• Plan and coordinate retention and student activity calendar events for JS and TVCS
• Manage re-enrollment process
• Responsible for student and family data (surveys, qualitative data)
• Coordinate Parent and Student Ambassador Program
• Innovation - reshaping the way we view student experience as retention
20% Marketing and Communications
• Coordinate ongoing MarCom efforts, including strategic internal and external communication
• Collaborate with MarCom team on enrollment collateral
• Collaborate with MarCom team on marketing plan
5% School Leadership Teams
• Attend regular JS and TVCS leadership meetings
• Work on key projects and JS priorities as determined through school leadership teams
10% Supervisor Responsibilities
• Hire, train and supervise the Assistant and Associate Directors of Enrollment Management
• Responsible for evaluation and feedback processes associated with annual and ongoing review.
• Responsible to assure all supervised staff are up to date on certifications
5% One TSS Responsibilities • Engages and collaborates across TSS program areas when possible.
• Proactively and positively shares the TSS mission and program structure with external stakeholders
• Cross markets TSS programs when opportunities arise
This job description is not meant to state or imply that these are the only duties performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their manager in compliance with federal and state laws.
About Journeys School of Teton Science Schools
Teton Science Schools' (TSS) mission is to inspire curiosity, engagement and leadership through transformative place-based education. TSS is an organization in northwest Wyoming and Idaho comprised of six program areas sharing a common vision of education. TSS is deeply rooted in the outdoors as place anchors and enriches our understanding of the world. Our organization has educated, trained and inspired thousands of children, youth and adults, bringing them together through the study of place-based education. We serve students from across Wyoming, the Intermountain West, the nation and around the world.