In the absence of the regular teacher, the substitute teacher is responsible for teaching a full load of social studies classes.
· Use the required materials and existing schedule to teach a full load of social studies classes. In addition, full time teachers of Middle Learning students are expected to advise students, supervise recess and lunch duty, and work with students during tutorial.
· Designs curriculum, assigns related coursework and tracks student performance; evaluates programs and student progress (conferences, written evaluation, and written daily correspondence).
· Demonstrates an attitude of flexibility with regard to curriculum decisions in order to meet the instructional needs.
· Instructs and encourages individual students; establishes goals for individualized students and small groups.
· Collaborates with colleagues and seeks feedback in the spirit of continuous improvement.
· Supervise students in the activities planned.
· Manage the class and ensure student engagement.
· Provide guidance for learning according to the lesson plan.
· Stay with class at all times to maintain a safe and orderly classroom.
· Take attendance in accordance with school procedures.
· Familiarity with school procedures and regulations.
· Perform other related duties as directed by principal or assistant principal.
· Maintains a professional appearance
Education: Bachelor’s degree required
Experience: Prefer 3-5 years of teaching experience in an independent school
Demonstrates good judgment in the supervision of students
Maintains punctuality and reliability
Ability to incorporate technology in daily tasks
Licenses and Certifications:
Specialized Skills and Knowledge:
General office and classroom conditions
Lifting up to 20 pounds, standing, walking, sitting, reaching, operating computer and other office and classroom equipment
Additional Salary Information: Salary is negotiated.