“Poly’s mission is to prepare and inspire the next diverse generation of leaders and global citizens to act with intelligence, imagination and—above all—character.”
Poly Prep seeks applicants for the 2019-2020 school year for the position of Spanish and French teacher. Qualified applicants will have native or near-native proficiency in Spanish and French, as well as a master’s degree in Spanish, French, or a related field. The ideal candidate will possess a passion for teaching and a love of learning. The candidate will enjoy working with students, families, and colleagues and possess an excellent sense of humor.
• Spanish/French classes
• Willingness to meet with students on an individual basis as needed
• Eagerness to keep up with developments in the field and amend and develop curricula as necessary
• Ability to keep accurate grades, effectively communicate with students and families, and provide feedback on student progress consistently throughout the school year
• Assume role as an advisor for a group of students (7-10)
• Advise a club or activity •
Attendance at community events throughout the school year
• Commitment to professional development
• Attendance and engagement in meetings during and after the school day including but not limited to: department, committee, divisional, and grade-level meetings
Poly Prep strives to be an equitable, just, and diverse community, one proud of and deeply committed to empowering students to discover who they are and what they want to be. In keeping with the country day school philosophy, we seek community members who will share a passion for learning in and out of the classroom. Every educator at Poly Prep aspires to uphold our mission “to support and inspire the next diverse generation of leaders and global citizens to act with intelligence, imagination and––above all––character.”
With a 25-acre park-like setting in Brooklyn, we offer a great environment, with a full benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, a generous match on our 403(b) retirement plan, long-term disability, flexible spending account, pre-tax commute benefit, free parking, and free lunch).
How to Apply: If you are a committed educator interested in working in an environment that is engaging and supportive, please send a cover letter and current resume detailing your interest in the position with specific evidence of qualification to: Liz Mansfield, Chair of World Languages at firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualifications The successful candidate is likely to be experienced in building strong relationships with students and has the best interest of our students at heart in all that they do. Clear and effective communication skills and a commitment to ongoing professional Spanish and French Teacher development are especially valued. Experience with highly selective college admissions either as a college counselor or admissions professional is valued, but not required.
About Poly Prep Country Day School
Brooklyn, New York
Nursery through Grade 12 Co-Ed Independent School. Founded in 1854