- A bachelor’s degree or higher in education with a concentration in physical education/health and wellness.
- Teaching and coaching experience with children ages 5-14 years.
- Plan and teach developmentally appropriate lessons for physical education classes, kindergarten-eighth grade.
- Provide a positive learning environment in which students are actively engaged and joyful.
- Collaborate and work cooperatively with other physical education teachers in a team teaching setting.
- Coach junior varsity and varsity athletic teams, before or after school hours. (Experience with soccer, basketball, and baseball preferred.)
- Plan, prepare and deliver lesson plans that facilitate active learning to support and differentiate instruction for health and wellness classes, fifth-eighth grade.
- Utilize an array of assessment methods and keep organized records of assessment for physical education, health and wellness classes.
- Chaperone groups of students for athletic competitions off school grounds.
- Organize and maintain sports equipment, athletic uniforms, and first aid supplies.
- Participate in the life of the school and undertake school duties as assigned, such as
advisory, lunch duty, porch duty, and bus duty.
- Act as an advisor in the Upper School advisory program. The advisor supports the
academic, social, and emotional development of a small group of students.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Jaclyn Berney (firstname.lastname@example.org). No phone calls, please.
About The Catheral School
The Cathedral School of St. John the Divine is an independent, Episcopal, K-8 day school for girls and boys of all faiths. The School is committed to a rigorous academic program that integrates the arts, athletics, and leadership development. Located on New York City’s Upper West Side on the 13-acre Close of the Cathedral, the School offers a unique setting for the celebration of the many traditions shared by its families. The School prides itself in being a diverse community in partnership with families who take an active role in their children’s intellectual, ethical, social, and emotional growth. The Cathedral School offers a stimulating environment in which each child can become an articulate, confident, and responsible citizen of the world. Continuing a century-old relationship, the School draws upon the Cathedral’s vast resources and provides its children’s choir.