To ensure that the teaching and learning gives the students the opportunity to be inspired by extraordinary people and experiences; to become a globally minded citizen; and to achieve remarkable success in future life.
· To be an effective professional who demonstrates a love of teaching and a thorough knowledge of the curriculum;
· To have a passion for the subject or age group, teach and assess effectively, and take responsibility and accountability for continuous professional development;
· To provide superior opportunities for students in line with the ‘Be Ambitious’ model that is embedded in the Nord Anglia philosophy.
A member of the Middle Leadership Team
· Inspire trust and confidence in students and colleagues;
· Build team commitment with colleagues and in the classroom engage and motivate pupils;
· Demonstrate analytical thinking;
· Improve the quality of students' learning;
· Contribute to the school improvement/development planning and promote the learning priorities of the school development plan;
· Contribute to the development and/or implementation of school policies;
· Use the school’s student tracking and reporting process to advance student learning and enhance professional practice in line with the school's aspirations and priorities;
· Promote the wider aspirations and values of the school.
· Evidence of achievement of success indicators is effective
2. Teaching and Learning:
· Plan, prepare and deliver schemes of work in accordance with the academic programmes set out by the school;
· Maintain a working knowledge of National Curriculum documents;
· Maintain records of pupils’ progress including any statutory documents required by the school and State and reports for Nord Anglia Education;
· Write reports to parents as and when required and conduct Parent Teacher Conferences with parents to discuss and explain their child’s performance and progress in school;
· Provide and maintain an attractive and stimulating environment in which to foster effective teaching and learning in line with the school’s Learning Environment Policy.
· Monitor progress and effectiveness of class work and to evaluate and modify as necessary;
· Participate in school wide CPD that ensures consistency both vertically and horizontally across the school;
· Make effective use of formative and summative assessment to plan challenging learning opportunities for all students;
· Monitor and record students’ learning to ensure they remain on track to achieve challenging targets;
· Ensure that you have a clear understanding of expectations of the use of ISAMS and Moodle.
· Lesson observations and reviews identify areas for development that are acted upon
· Students feel supported in their learning
· There are clear expectations and goals for each student
· Contribute positively to the morale and community spirit in the school;
· Work effectively in different teams and working parties;
· Assist in whole school marketing initiatives and contribute to the growth of the school;
· Operate at all times within the stated policies and practices of the school;
· Maintain an up to date knowledge of good practice in teaching techniques;
· Maintain subject(s) or specialism(s) to enable effective teaching;
· Keep knowledge of wider curriculum developments up to date;
· Make best use of global opportunities such as Global Campus and Nord Anglia University;
· Undertake professional development to enhance teaching and students' learning, and apply outcomes and identify impacts which will be shared colleagues.
· Training and development needs are met
· There is ownership of CPD, and a proactive approach is taken
· Be aware of the physical and emotional well-being of pupils and the need to respond to particular situations and alert appropriate staff to problems experienced by students and make recommendations as to how these may be resolved;
· Comply with and assist the School in the implementation of any rules and regulations which the school may from time to time issue to ensure the efficient operation of the school and the welfare and interests of its students and employees;
· Liaise with other agencies e.g. school nurse, ALN and EAL staff, school counsellors and educational psychologist/therapists as required and contribute to the preparation of action plans and other support mechanisms;
· Communicate effectively with parents of students, liaising with other staff as appropriate;
· Contribute to PSHE where applicable and relevant.
· Pastoral concerns are managed efficiently and effectively and records are kept
· Support the life of the school beyond the classroom;
· Lead one or more agreed after school activities each week;
· Contribute to whole school learning initiatives during term;
· To promote and adhere to Nord Anglia Education’s Vision and Values;
· Any other appropriate duties as allocated by the Principal.
· Valued and effective member of the team and organisation
UK Trained Teacher, with teaching experience in the UK.
About British International School of Boston
The British School of Boston, an independent co-educational day school offers an exemplary program for British, American and international students. Our school is an international learning community where academic rigor, the promotion of a culture of inquiry, independent collaboration and international mindedness prevail.