Do you want to use your skills and talents to make a lasting difference in the world? At Catholic Charities Diocese, of Joliet we are mission-driven, focused on positive results for people and believe that people should be treated with dignity and respect. If you feel the same way we encourage you to join us in making a difference!
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Joliet has an exciting opportunity for an Associate Teacher. As an Associate Teacher you would be responsible for contributing to the development of the overall agency and classroom educational plans and for the implementation of the program’s plan that is geared to meet the needs of each individual child enrolled in the program in accordance with the Head Start program. Catholic Charities’ Head Start program is NAYCE Accredited as well as a Gold Circle Quality and US Model Head Start Program.
If you desire a better work/life balance and can work in a fast paced environment with excellent growth potential, we would like to hear from you.
Under the supervision of the Site Supervisor and the assigned Teacher, the Associate Teacher is responsible for adhering to the guidelines of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Head Start Performance Standards related to Early Childhood Services in conjunction with State Licensing Standards. The Associate Teacher is responsible for day to day operations of the classroom in the absence of a Bachelor degreed teacher. It is the expectation that programmatic recruitment takes place throughout the community as specified and designated.
Great Benefits include:
10 Days Vacation
12 Personal Days
Flexible Spending Account
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
1. Associates of Arts Degree in Child Development with 36 or more hours of college credits in Child Development or related field. All degrees must come from a regionally accredited educational institution which has U.S. Department of Education approval.
2. One to three years of experience working with young children and families in a Child Care setting is required.
3. Good written and verbal communication skills; Proficiency in the use of computer software programs and data bases.
4. Demonstrate the skill and competence to meet personal qualifications as required in Part 407: Licensing Standards for Day Care Centers.
5. At least 18 years of age.
About Catholic Charities
We welcome you to join our team of dedicated employees who are making a positive impact in the communities that we serve. For your convenience, please apply on-line at https://catholiccharitiesjoliet.org/, you may upload your resume and cover letter.Catholic Charities do not accept email or faxed resumes.EOE