Do you want to use your skills and talents to make a lasting difference in the world? At Catholic Charities Diocese, of Joliet we are mission-driven, focused on positive results for people and believe that people should be treated with dignity and respect. If you feel the same way we encourage you to join us in making a difference!
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Joliet has an exciting opportunity for an Associate Teacher. As an Associate Teacher you would be responsible for contributing to the development of the overall agency and classroom educational plans and for the implementation of the program’s plan that is geared to meet the needs of each individual child enrolled in the program in accordance with the Head Start program. Catholic Charities’ Head Start program is NAYCE Accredited as well as a Gold Circle Quality and US Model Head Start Program.
1. Under the supervision of the Site Supervisor, the Teacher is responsible for adhering to the guidelines of Health and Human Services Head Start Performance Standards related to Early Childhood Services in conjunction with State Licensing Standards.
2. In the absence of the Site Supervisor, the Teacher will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the center as the delegate, when requested.
3. It is the expectation that programmatic recruitment takes place throughout the community as specified and designated.
4. Other duties as assigned within the guidelines of this position.
Great Benefits include:
10 Days Vacation
12 Personal Days
Flexible Spending Account
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
1. Graduation from an accredited four year College or University with a Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field. All degrees must come from a regionally accredited educational institution which has U.S. Department of Education approval. Thirty-six hours or more of college credits in Child Development or related field is required if the degree is in another field.
2. Obtain and maintain at minimum, the Illinois Gateway ECE Credential Level 3 within 2 years of employment.
3. Good written and verbal communication skills.
4. Proficiency in the use Microsoft Office applications.
5. Demonstrate the skill and competence to meet personnel qualifications as required in Part 407: Licensing Standards for Day Care Centers.
6. One to three years’ experience working in a childcare setting is required.
7. At least 18 years of age.
8. Passage of complete background clearance, physical and Tuberculosis (TB) Test.
9. Understanding and promoting the social teachings of Catholic Charities.
10. A valid driver’s license, reliable means of transportation and proof of liability insurance is required.
About Catholic Charities
We welcome you to join our team of dedicated employees who are making a positive impact in the communities that we serve. For your convenience, please apply on-line at https://catholiccharitiesjoliet.org/, you may upload your resume and cover letter.Catholic Charities do not accept email or faxed resumes.EOE