1) Lead in a dynamic teaching and learning environment rooted in the tenets of progressive education where the faculty and other administrators are committed to the continuous improvement of the program and curriculum.
2) Lead the institutional vision and development of curricular planning.
3) Work closely with the Senior Leadership team to promote and live an organizational culture that fosters a passion for our mission, collaboration, open and frequent communication, teamwork, and a common vision throughout the entire school community.
4) Lead and mentor the continued professional development of faculty.
5) Help guide and define the meaning of Lab Middle School today within a progressive school.
6) A deeper connection with university and community resources.
This is a twelve-month position, which will begin 07/01/2020.
1) Supervisory skills.
2) Budget management skills.
3) Knowledge of instructional methodologies.
4) Knowledge of accreditation process and applicable laws and regulations.
5) Ability to develop and assess curricula, lesson plans, and assessment tools.
6) Analytical skills.
7) Problem-solving skills.
8) Decision-making skills.
9) Attention to detail.
10) Organizational skills.
11) Demonstrated use of data.
12) Computational skills.
15) Verbal and written communication skills.
16) Values benchmarking.
17) Interpersonal skills.
18) Customer service skills.
19) Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
20) Ability to manage stressful situations.
21) Ability to maintain confidentiality.
22) Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
23) Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
24) Ability to lead in a decisive, consistent, and clear manner.
1) Bachelorâ™s degree
2) Master's degree
3) Further advanced degree in education
1) A minimum of three years of senior leadership experience in education.
2) Experience and knowledge in the tenets of progressive education.
3) Proven experience and skill in recruitment and hiring.
4) Teacher evaluation and remediation.
5) Successful evidence of enthusiastic engagement with students, faculty, parents, and staff.
6) Developing and delivering on strategic initiatives and partnerships.
7) Middle School teaching experience desirable.
8) Curriculum development.
9) Supervisory experience.
10) Developing and implementing local and global partnerships, including university and community partnerships.
11) Service learning desirable.
12) Arts as an integral part of learning desirable.
2) Cover letter
3) Professional References
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR05849
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.