Mission: To provide an appropriate educational atmosphere which encourages positive student learning and to participate in a dynamic setting with other classroom teachers, administrators, curriculum specialists and other staff members in the development and implementation of the school’s programs and goals. Goals for the program include but not limited to growth into musical theatre and/or technical theatre.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities Knowledge of theatre curriculum including but not limited too; musical theatre curriculum; technical theatre curriculum, International Baccalaureate programe for theatre. The ability to communicate effectively using written and oral communication skills; planning and organizational skills; ability to manage the classroom and supervise students; knowledge of varied learning styles; ability to use effective, positive interpersonal skills.
Knowledge of technical theatre including but not limited to: Stagecraft (Set design and set building, FX) sound and lighting, costuming and props and a strong knowledge of stage-management.
The following applicant may be proficient in one or both of the following skill sets:
1. Skill/ability with technical shop equipment including but not limited to: drills, pneumatic tools, saws, screw guns, nail guns, paint equipment, electronic sound equipment, lighting sound equipment; DMX and analogue lighting fixtures/board and/or sewing machine.
2. Knowledge of musical theatre performance And accompanist skills a plus but not required.
REPORTS TO: School Principal
Compensation: See Salary Schedule on OCPS Website application page
Job Duties and Responsibilities
· Works with administrators and instructional teams to plan and implement hands-on programs and activities for students and the school including after school programs (Honor thespians, productions, and festivals).
· Participates as an active member with other faculty and staff.
· Manages classroom and supervises proper care of equipment used.
· Participates in personal professional growth activities focused on the acquisition of new and improved skills and knowledge.
· Diagnoses and analyzes student progress and programs for the purpose of providing appropriate instruction based on the developmental stages of students.
· Utilizes a variety of instructional techniques to meet the individual needs of students.
· Shows sensitivity to students, parents and the community and promotes student self-esteem.
· Maintains professional relationship between school and parents.
· Maintains contact with parents through parent-teacher conferences, telephone, or written communications.
· Encourages parental involvement through school activities, connecting home and school.
· Maintains all records as required, including but not limited to grade books, attendance records and student progress reports.
· Responsible for keeping up to date on current technology, as job appropriate, being used by OCPS. With the support of the district, attends training to ensure skill level in various technologies is at the level required to perform in current position
1. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
2. Certification or eligible for certification by the Florida State Department of Education to teach in the State of Florida. Florida accepts all other teaching certificates.
Additional Salary Information: This is the base start salary. It goes up depending on past teaching experience and there is health care/ dental/ vision
Internal Number: Winter Park High School
About Winter Park High School
Winter Park High School located in desirable area of Winter Park, Florida just north of the City of Orlando. It has a rich tradition of academic, athletic, and artistic excellence. We hold our students to high expectations. Ranked an ‘A’ School by the Florida Department of Education.