To join us go to https://tinyurl.com/BUR-T-3029e to apply online.
Enquiries about the post can be sent to the East Asia Regional Teacher Recruitment team (EATeacher.Recruitment@britishcouncil.org.sg)
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING AND WHY·
· Deliver quality teaching to our Adult and Young Learner customers
· Support good relationships with our customers by working closely with the Senior Teachers and Coordinators and Sales and Customer management team.
· Maintaining and developing of teaching materials as required.
· Assisting the Teaching Centre team with wider services, and events to promote and position our teaching offer
WHAT IS INTERESTING ABOUT IT
You can take pride in the fact that you will be part of a team that enables the British Council to meet its objectives and gives all our customers an exceptional experience. You will also be able to join regular professional development, training and skills programmes to develop your experience and skills.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT THE BRITISH COUNCIL
24 hour contracts – US$15,190 – 20,532 gross per year and GBP 7,740 – 8,700 gross per year.
21 hour contracts – US$13,291 – 17,966 gross per year and GBP 6,772 – 7,612 gross per year.
- Enjoy 40 days paid leave per year plus approx.14 days public holidays - Training and Development opportunities including an extensive internal development programme, support and funding in obtaining internationally recognised qualifications.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a range of teachers; those with the Delta/Trinity Diploma or equivalent and 3-4 years’ post certificate experience.
Those with the CELTA and two years’ experience, and those with the CELTA and one year’s experience. If applying with less than two years’ experience you will be given thorough continued professional development, and anyone lacking a YL extension to the CELTA will be expected to start the TYLEC in their first year of teaching.
Applicants should also be a highly proficient user of English with an undergraduate degree.
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
About British Council
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.