Beacon Academy seeks to hire a dynamic and driven full-time upper school teacher to join our experienced and innovative faculty for the 2020-21 school year and teach four sections.
Candidates should be able to teach core history classes; interest and experience in teaching other areas is welcome. The most desirable candidates will have the following background or comparable experience:
- A master’s degree with a minimum of two years teaching experience
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a commitment to interdisciplinary work
- Experience with project-based teaching, collaborative learning, and/or experiential learning
Candidates should be able to:
- Flexibly and innovatively build and refine curriculum
- Collaborate effectively with colleagues and administrators
- Demonstrate willingness to experiment with different teaching strategies
- Use a variety of communication/teaching styles and methods
- Document a history of continued growth and development as an educator
- Hold students to a high and clearly articulated standard of performance
- Work effectively with parents as a partner in the student’s education experience
- Have an interest and experience in interacting with students outside of the classroom in co-curricular activities: sports, arts, service, etc.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Beacon Academy (Chicago)
Beacon Academy brings together independent school best practices and the IB Diploma curriculum with the independence, freedom, and student-centered methods of Montessori. The students experience a learning community that inspires self-motivation and personal challenge and celebrates intellectual, cultural, and socioeconomic diversity. Based in Evanston, but using the entirety of Chicago as a classroom, Beacon Academy has experienced explosive growth since its founding in 2014. It is a school that values entrepreneurialism, creativity, and innovation.