The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Pennâ™s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
Posted Job Title
Senior IT Business Relationship Manager
Job Profile Title
Information Technology Director
Job Description Summary
Wharton Computing is seeking a Senior IT Business Relationship Manager with a passion for people, process, and technology to join the Strategic Partnership team. This team functions as the strategic interface between the Schoolâ™s Administrative departments and Wharton Computing for the purpose of business-IT strategy alignment, solution discovery and development, project management, and relationship management.
The successful Senior IT Business Relationship Manager proactively serves as the relationship linkage between the School and Wharton Computing, representing technology to administrative departments by promoting Wharton Computingâ™s vision, value, services, and capabilities. As a key point of contact for School and Administrative leadership and stakeholders, they act as a trusted partner and advocate on their behalf ensuring technology services support their priorities and needs. They facilitate, and serve as a lead, for the planning and execution of initiatives to enable the School to achieve objectives through the effective use of technology. Individuals in this role must be able to communicate clearly, negotiate, listen, mitigate conflict, build alliances and achieve desired results using strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
Strategic Relationship & Planning
* Establishes and maintains a strategic relationship with department leadership, key stakeholders, and Wharton Computing.
* Maintain a high degree of visibility within specific departments, participating and contributing in leadership and team meetings as appropriate.
* Participates in short- and long term strategic planning sessions with departments and understands and anticipates direction of the department; identifies opportunities and develops recommendations to support their desired future state.
* Ensure technology solutions support the departmentâ™s short-term and long-term business goals, derive maximum business value and align with IT strategy by working with department leadership and internal and external technical resources.
* Act as the voice of Wharton Computing within administrative departments, representing technology vision and promoting technology services and resources.
* Act as the voice of the customer within Wharton Computing representing department strategies, priorities and issues.
* Promotes business knowledge of technology processes, roles, and procedures to ensure best possible outcome.
* Ensures the oversight for resolution of escalated technology issues
Technology Strategy, Design and Consulting
* Advises on technology options, risks, costs vs. benefits, and impacts on end-user products, services, and business processes.
* Understand, map and document key business processes needed to achieve successful business results and technology solutions; identify opportunities to improve processes through the effective use of technology.
* Analyzes technology trends to determine impact to the achievement of School goals.
* Act as co-product owner for Whartonâ™s student communication and engagement platform, MyWharton. Articulate and execute a clear strategy, lead product team to design and enhance the platform and engage with School leadership, staff and student stakeholders to ensure their satisfaction and adoption.
Bachelorâ™s degree and a minimum of eight-ten yearsâ™ experience in a technology role, preferably in higher education; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in strategic planning, business development, relationship engagement and project management. Passion for strong service commitment and delivery. Demonstrated leadership, diplomacy and relationship building skills. Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications, and presentation skills. Proven problem-solving, mediation, and negotiation skills. Strong overall technology foundation and understanding of the evolving landscape. ITSM/ITIL experience a plus. Prior experience in Higher Education strongly preferred. Salesforce experience strongly preferred.
Working Conditions Office, library, computer room
Physical Effort Typically sitting at a desk or table
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
$72,837.00 - $205,981.00
Affirmative Action Statement Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Special Requirements Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Internal Number: JR00015388
About University of Pennsylvania
Penn has a long and proud tradition of intellectual rigor and pursuit of innovative knowledge, begun by Benjamin Franklin in 1740. That tradition lives today through the creativity, entrepreneurship, and engagement of our faculty, students, and staff. Academic life at Penn is unparalleled, with an undergraduate student body of 10,000 from every U.S. state and around the world. The entering class of 2015 is the most talented and diverse in Penn's history. Consistently ranked among the top 10 universities in the country, Penn welcomes an additional 10,000 students to our top-ranked graduate and professional schools.