About Stanley BPS: For over 40 years, Stanley classrooms have been filled with
engaged learners guided by inspired teachers. We carefully blend an academic program
grounded in a whole-child approach with an attention to each child’s social/emotional
development. Our British Primary philosophy promotes the simple notion that when
students enjoy what they’re doing and take an active role in their education, learning truly
becomes a joy and a lifelong endeavor. SBPS is committed to maintaining a diverse and
inclusive school community. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to
• Inspiring and educating children to develop to their full potential – socially,
emotionally, intellectually, physically and creatively
• Creating a safe, supportive, mutually respectful classroom community which
values the distinct contributions and abilities of each child
• Implementing integrated, meaningful, developmentally-appropriate curricula in
which students can explore and experiment through first hand experiences
• Creating opportunities for students to know themselves, to make good choices,
and take responsibility for their own learning and actions
• Communicating and collaborating with parents and actively involving them in the
life of the classroom and of the school
• Communicating and collaborating positively and professionally with the Stanley
staff and community
• Actively engaging in ongoing professional development
Desired Qualifications and Background Experience:
• Masters’ Degree in Education is preferred.
• Experience teaching 3rd, 4th and 5th grade students is a plus.
• British Primary training or interest in receiving training in the British Primary
approach to teaching.
• Prior experience working in an independent school, and with a progressive
educational philosophy, is a significant plus.
• Will desire to learn more about and experience British Primary philosophy
• Will experience design and implementation in creation of custom curriculum units
that meet the developmental learning stages in a multi-age 3-4-5 classroom
• Will spend a year in which to learn and grow to align persoanl educational
philosophy with British Primary teaching
• An inclusive and diverse community
• Lifelong learning
• Positive and constructive communication
• Creativity, flexibility, and resourcefulness
• An understanding of children and childhood
• Commitment to making a positive difference in the world
Stanley British Primary welcomes diverse applicants. Salary and benefits will be
commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Stanley BPS is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all
persons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression,
sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. This policy covers all
programs, services, policies, and procedures of Stanley BPS, including admissions,
employment and access to services and programs.
To initiate an application, send a cover letter and resume to:
Stanley British Primary School
350 Quebec St.
Denver, CO 80230
Interviews will start as resumes are received. We will be accepting resumes until
our position is filled.
About Stanley British Primary School
Stanley BPS is a K-8 school located in Denver, CO. For over 40 years, Stanley classrooms have been filled with engaged learners guided by inspired teachers. We carefully blend an academic program grounded in a whole-child approach with an attention to each child’s social/emotional development. Our British Primary philosophy promotes the simple notion that when students enjoy what they’re doing and take an active role in their education, learning truly becomes a joy and a lifelong endeavor. SBPS is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive school community.