The high school principal acts as the educational leader of the high school and is responsible for its day to-day operations. The principal directs and supports the activities of high school instructional and support staff members in the performance of their duties, working in close cooperation with the administrative team. The principal will possess exemplary leadership expertise that will ensure the implementation of a rigorous curriculum, quality academic instruction and ongoing school improvements in student achievement for grades 9 - 12. The high school principal reports directly to the school president.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES • Function as the lead of high school programs, student expectations, student behavioral guidelines and student support • Be a visible presence in all areas of the school promoting and supporting teaching and academic achievement • Assist in the recruitment and hiring of all high school personnel • Evaluate and oversee all individuals assigned within high school academic programs • Oversee budget resources for high school academic departments, professional development and student life activities • Ensure school policies accurately reflects the school’s mission, vision and academic program goals while coordinating a safe and orderly school environment • Work collaboratively with the Admissions Team to review high school applicants and select the best class of students possible while ensuring mission-appropriate balance • Ensure educational programming meets the certification guidelines of relevant accreditation agencies • Plan for future programs to achieve and support the high school’s educational objectives of quality curriculum and instruction • Collaborate with the Archdiocese of Seattle and other Catholic and independent high school principals to maintain relationships of open dialogue and mutual support • Serve as liaison between high school faculty and families in the dissemination of information regarding academic programming and schoolhouse-related information • Regularly monitor student academic and behavioral progress to address student support and success
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Master’s degree or higher in education
• Minimum of five years of experience as a school administrator preferred
• Principal certificate or equivalent experience preferred
• Previous teaching experience required; five or more years preferred
• Curriculum development experience required
• Experience in observing, supervising and evaluating faculty and staff to ensure exacting standards are achieved and performance is maximized
• Practicing Catholic, possessing a deep appreciation, commitment and understanding of the Catholic faith
• Must demonstrate integrity, compassion and empathy, encouraging the trust and confidence of others
• Strong personal work ethic, self-motivated, results-oriented, strategic thinker and mission centered leader
• Extensive management, organizational and problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibility and essential functions of this position but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned
Internal Number: 5748
About Eastside Catholic School
Eastside Catholic School is a private, faith-based college-preparatory school in Sammamish, WA serving grades 6 - 12.
Eastside Catholic School is a Catholic faith-based educational community where students learn to integrate their thinking and believing in ways that encourage intellectual excellence, nurture relationships and inspire a life of leadership and service to others.