Park Tudor is currently seeking an experienced, dynamic, and collaborative Upper School Chemistry Teacher (grades 9-12) for the 2020-21 school year. The ideal candidate has a passion and interest for designing and implementing classroom and extracurricular learning experiences that integrate chemistry, quantitative reasoning and computer skills. Successful applicants will be able to engage students in inquiry-oriented learning that results in mastery of core concepts and skilled application of scientific practices. They will be able to support student research and offer an elective course that combines biology, chemistry or physics with quantitative reasoning and computer skills in an interesting way.
The science department provides a comprehensive, diversified, and sequential program of study combining instruction in basic concepts and skills with extensive material to enhance and advance knowledge in the field. Courses in the department range from Biology to post-AP Organic Chemistry. Members of the department recognize the individuality of each learner and as a result are thoughtful and innovative in their approach to communicating the subject. Extensive professional development opportunities are available through participation in conferences and workshops, membership in professional organizations, and continuing education.
Experience: 3-5 years’ experience teaching chemistry at the high school level is required. The ability to also teach first-year Physics and a working knowledge of Python programming is preferred
Student-centered and a passion to teach students
Knowledge of and training in chemical and laboratory preparation and safety
Seeks out feedback in order to reflect and improve
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Strong interpersonal skills
Professionalism with and amongst all constituencies
Commitment to professional development
Willingness to engage in all aspects of the Park Tudor community while promoting and supporting the School’s mission, vision, and values
About Park Tudor School
Park Tudor is an independent school in Indianapolis, Indiana that prides itself on upholding a tradition of academic excellence that began in 1902. As a college preparatory school for children ages 3 through grade 12, we provide an exceptional learning environment where children are encouraged to explore opportunities, exceed expectations, and expand possibilities. Small class sizes, a safe and caring atmosphere, and numerous extracurricular activities that include the arts and athletics, ensure that each child at Park Tudor receives a unique educational experience catered to his or her individual passions.
Park Tudor School offers excellent pay and a comprehensive benefit package. Our professional development focuses on Mind, Brain, and Education research and application, Equity and Inclusion, and Community Engaged Learning. Professional development opportunities are also available for participation in conferences, workshops, and membership in professional organizations. Park Tudor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Those who would add to the diversity of our staff are strongly encouraged to apply.
To create an inspiring college-preparatory learning envir...onment, with exceptional educators and extraordinary opportunities, that prepares and motivates students to become balanced, confident, and resourceful lifelong learners.
Ignite curiosity. Instill compassion. Inspire courage.
Integrity Intellectual Engagement Resourcefulness
Park Tudor at a Glance:
• 9-to-1 student-teacher ratio
• 100% college placement rate; more than 90% of students attend one of their top 3 colleges of choice
• More than $3.8 million in financial aid awarded annually to our students
• Consistently among the highest average SAT scores in the state
• Indy’s only Global Scholars Program: Park Tudor's unique version of the International Baccalaureate, designed specifically to be the ultimate college preparatory program for highly motivated juniors and seniors
• Focus on global citizenship through comprehensive world languages program starting in junior kindergarten
• 28% of student body come from racially and ethnically diverse backgrounds
• 15 Upper School and 12 Middle School sports offered
• 80% of students participate in fine arts and 80% play on an athletic team
• International experiences for students in grades 4-12 through study-travel programs
• Commitment to Community Engaged Learning
• Full-day junior and senior kindergarten programs
• Focused liberal arts program with dynamic world language and fine arts programs at every grade level