Eastside Catholic School is a Catholic faith-based educational community where students in grades six through 12 learn to integrate their thinking and believing in ways that encourage intellectual excellence, nurture relationships, and inspire a life of leadership and service to others. Founded by parents in 1980, the school is governed by an elected board of trustees. It is the only seven-year, co-educational Catholic school on the Eastside, and offers a comprehensive college preparatory curriculum. Eastside Catholic School enrolls over 865 students, employs 130 faculty and staff members and has an alumni base of over 3,500. Eastside Catholic offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k match and a faculty/staff lunch program.
Eastside Catholic is seeking a Middle School Religious Studies Teacher for the 2020-21 school year. The successful candidate is a person with a strong desire to be a member of a Catholic educational community that has robust enthusiasm for teaching religion, is an excellent communicator, builds positive relationships and has strong collaborative skills. We are searching for an individual who is passionate about teaching middle school students the Catholic faith, as well as other religious traditions.
• Implement Archdiocese of Seattle middle school theology standards within the curriculum for grades 6 - 8 • Act as mentor teacher for middle school students
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree; master’s degree preferred with religious coursework completed
• Experience in a classroom instructional setting preferred
• A practicing Catholic with a commitment to working with middle school students in a progressive, faith-based school rooted in the Catholic tradition
• A passion for subject content material and the skills required to pursue and understand that area of expertise
• Experience with differentiated instruction to serve all students in a classroom
• Ability to use classroom technology
• Effective skills in creating positive relationships with students and their families
• An active respect for diversity and a commitment to social justice
• Strong interpersonal, collaborative and organizational skills
Additional Salary Information: A competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with experience and effectiveness will be provided.
Internal Number: 5839
About Eastside Catholic
Eastside Catholic School is a private, faith-based college-preparatory school in Sammamish, WA serving grades 6 - 12.
Eastside Catholic School is a Catholic faith-based educational community where students learn to integrate their thinking and believing in ways that encourage intellectual excellence, nurture relationships and inspire a life of leadership and service to others.