Eastside Catholic School is seeking a dynamic High School Spanish Teacher for the 2020-21 school year, an educator who helps students grow in their knowledge and appreciation of both language and culture. We seek candidates who have a love of Spanish education, collaborative skills and a desire to be a member of a faith-based educational community. A successful applicant will have the ability to teach beginning through advanced level coursework.
Eastside Catholic School is a Catholic faith-based educational community where students in grades six through 12 learn to integrate their thinking and believing in ways that encourage intellectual excellence, nurture relationships, and inspire a life of leadership and service to others. Founded by parents in 1980, the school is governed by an elected board of trustees. It is the only seven-year, co-educational Catholic school on the Eastside, and offers a comprehensive college preparatory curriculum. Eastside Catholic School enrolls over 865 students, employs 130 faculty and staff members and has an alumni base of over 3,500. Eastside Catholic offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k match and a faculty/staff lunch program.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience working with high school students
• Experience with differentiated instruction in mixed ability classrooms
• Strong interpersonal, collaborative and organizational skills with the ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with all constituents
• Effective skills in creating positive relationships with students and their families
• Ability to promote the use of multiple methods to problem solve, identify efficient strategies and generalize principles to a broad variety of applications
• Encourages collaborative teamwork in the classroom, teaching students to communicate effectively and thoughtfully, justify their reasoning and consider multiple perspectives when solving problems
• Invests in the life of the school by participating in the advisory program, social and emotional learning, weekly department meetings and multidisciplinary team meetings, anti-bias training and all aspects that support the student experience
• Demonstrated professional behavior, including discretion, judgment and integrity
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Spanish or related field
• Native or near native fluency
• Teaching certificate or credential or equivalent successful experience teaching in classroom settings
• Knowledge of the culture, history and practices of Spanish speaking communities
Additional Salary Information: Salary level is determined by years of teaching experience and extent of education
Internal Number: 5836
About Eastside Catholic School
Eastside Catholic School is a private, faith-based college-preparatory school in Sammamish, WA serving grades 6 - 12.
Eastside Catholic School is a Catholic faith-based educational community where students learn to integrate their thinking and believing in ways that encourage intellectual excellence, nurture relationships and inspire a life of leadership and service to others.