Pre-K thru Elementary, Middle/Junior High thru High School
4 Year Degree
Wesley International Academy is an IB public charter serving students kindergarten through eighth grade with daily Mandarin Chinese instruction in downtown Atlanta. As part of Wesley International Academy's charter, Mandarin Chinese is a vital part of the daily curriculum for all students in all grades. Students learn to read, write, listen and speak fluently in Mandarin Chinese through curricula tailored for non-native Chinese speakers. The study of Chinese culture is also integrated into the curriculum to foster international perspectives tying in with the International Baccalaureate program.
1. Learn and contribute productively as individuals and as members of groups.
2. Instruct students through inquiry-focused, student-centered, communicative-oriented language teaching approaches that foster student understanding and learning through multiple learning modalities, styles, and intelligences.
3. Prepare lessons and units of study.
4. Administer varied types of performance assessments (e.g. Chinese Benchmark and YCT) to monitor and document student understanding.
5. Perform teacher duties (e.g. taking attendance and lunch duty)
6. Coordinate parent/teacher conferences and communication on an on-going basis to review student's academic performance, behavior and other issues.
7. Attend and contributes to faculty meetings and professional development sessions in order to collaboratively develop the school policies, culture, and a more productive Chinese language learning environment.
8. Engage in Chinese extracurricular activities that foster the development of students understanding of Chinese culture and language.
9. Positively model the values and attitudes embodied in the IB Learner Profile and Wesley Way.
10. Actively engage as a teacher-leader, taking on responsibilities that contribute to higher student performance and the overall effectiveness of the school.
Previous exposure to/or experience in the education sector preferred.
Excellent verbal and writing communication skills and strong motivational skills.
Warm and friendly personality; sensitivity to the feelings and needs of children; ability to relate well to children and staff.
About Wesley International Academy
Wesley International Academy is an accredited International Baccalaureate (IB) World Programme School, serving 800 students. Students receive daily lessons in Mandarin Chinese, and select middle school students experience a summer immersion program at Beijing Language and Culture University in Beijing, China. Mandarin Chinese is a vital part of the daily curriculum for all students. Students learn to read, write, listen and speak fluently in Mandarin Chinese through curricula tailored for non-native Chinese speakers.