Reports to: Head of Lower School and Head of Middle School
Status: Salaried, exempt, full-time, 10-month position
Purpose: To focus on fulfilling Physical Education Standards as stipulated by the Physical Education Framework for California Public Schools and the International Baccalaureate Program.
1. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field.
2. Proven success in curricular instruction and coaching multiple sports.
3. A comprehensive understanding of the application of best practices, inquiry based instruction, backwards design, and formative/summative assessment
4. Proven ability to engender a real love of learning.
5. Outstanding interpersonal skills.
6. A strong customer service focus (internal and external).
7. Strong written and oral communication skills with an ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders of the school.
8. Highly ethical team player with a professional demeanor and willingness to work as a member of multiple curricular teams.
9. High energy, self-starter with ability to successfully prioritize and multi-task in an atmosphere in which time sensitive deadlines are the norm, as are interruptions.
10. Strong computer skills with a proficiency in MS Office Suite.
For consideration, please email:
© Copyright 2014 National Board for Professional Teaching Standards