The Lexington School is seeking a teacher professional who has experience inspiring and engaging young minds for the 2020-2021 school year. Excellent teamwork skills and a Bachelor Degree in Elementary Education (grades 1-5) are required. Competitive salary. Please send a cover letter, resume, philosophy of education, and three references.
- Planning, developing, and executing lessons that reflect the curriculum and core educational standards
- Adapting the curriculum for individual, small group, and remedial instruction to meet the needs of identified students or subgroups of students
- Evaluating the academic and social growth of students
- Evaluating student progress and the ability to meet courses standards, knowledge, and skills
- Establishing and maintaining standards of student behavior
- Planning and developing lesson plans and teaching outlines
- Employing a variety of methodologies in teaching and instructing pupils, including demonstrations, discussions, and lectures. This could include but not be limited to standing, bending, stooping, reaching above shoulder level, helping to move or relocate sets or props, some lifting may also be involved as a part of the instructional process.
- Utilizing educational equipment, such as materials, books, and other learning aids.
- Provide opportunities for students to perform, compete, demonstrate, and improve upon skills learned
403b retirement options
Short-term disability/Long-term disability
Employee assistance program
Paid time off
The Lexington School provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.