Randolph School is seeking an innovative teacher for an American History teaching position within our Middle School Division (grades 5-8). This teacher will be responsible for developing and teaching an American History course that incorporates diverse narratives beginning with indigenous peoples in the Americas through the Civil War. The course provides a foundation for historical thinking skills, and this teacher will be responsible for introducing primary source analysis, research, and writing skills. The teacher in this position will also serve as an integral member of the 6th grade team, building strong relationships with middle school students and acting as their advisor. Experience teaching History is preferred.
The teacher will join a vibrant, experienced faculty. The teacher will be expected to be actively involved in the school’s full program which will involve advising, sponsoring clubs, chaperoning field trips, being on faculty committees and attending school events.
The ideal candidate will be able to perform the following essential duties:
• Work with grade level teams to address the needs of the whole child
• Integrate the teaching of effective organization and study skills
• Use our Learning Management System to communicate and organize assignments in a potential online learning environment
• Demonstrate effective written and oral communication (parent conferences, written correspondence including narrative reports)
• Share duties and responsibilities with other members of the faculty
• Effectively monitor and manage student learning using a variety of assessment methods to evaluate student progress
• Identify and respond to individual students learning differences and create enrichment opportunities; differentiate instruction to meet the needs of various learners
• Create a supportive and inclusive environment and develop respectful relationships with students by using conflict resolution and problem-solving techniques within the classroom
• Demonstrate a commitment to lifelong learning
• Maintain an effective, safe, and well-organized classroom
• Integrate technology appropriately in the classroom
This teacher will participate collaboratively and professionally with other faculty and staff to promote the general well-being of the Middle School and the school community in a manner that supports and promotes the Randolph School Mission.
• Bachelor’s degree in History or equivalent required
• Minimum 2-3 years of History teaching experience preferred
About Randolph School
Randolph School is a co-educational, independent day school of 1000 students located in Huntsville, Alabama. Founded in 1959, Randolph operates on two campuses, and offers a comprehensive K-12 education experience.