Lakeview Academy is seeking a well-qualified, dynamic, student-centered lower/middle school Visual Arts teacher. The ideal candidate should have experience working with the middle school-aged student. Experience using (and/or a strong desire to use) available technologies to create student-centered lessons that inspire burgeoning student artists across all divisions is highly preferred. A qualified candidate should have at least three years teaching experience, AND/OR field/studio experience with foundational knowledge in various mediums. Although not required, experience with graphic design is strongly desired, as well as an overall proficiency/ability to learn current and emerging technologies as they relate to visual arts and the middle school classroom.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Three or more year of teaching experience in middle school/lower school setting
• AND/OR relevant, applicable experience in the visual/graphic design field/studio work, etc.
• Teach/assist six classes in art (4th grade – 8th grade)
• Prepare artwork received from student classroom commissions for annual Art Show
• Help in selecting student cover artwork for School wide events
• Oversee the design and maintenance of bulletin boards showcasing Lower School artwork
• Collaborate with other fine arts departments to develop cross-curricular opportunities and endeavors to help strengthen the student artist
• Duties begin January 2021
• Position is based on a ten-month contract
The statements in this job description are intended to represent the key duties, essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be all responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
Additional Salary Information: Salary is competitive and depends on experience and qualifications. Health benefits are available.
About Lakeview Academy
Lakeview Academy is an independent, co-educational, college preparatory day school for students K3-12
in Gainesville, Georgia. Lakeview Academy is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and
School and is a member of the Georgia Independent Schools Association.