Hillel Day School of Metropolitan Detroit is seeking an educationally progressive full-time 1-2 grade Judaic Studies Teacher to join our professional learning community. Teachers at Hillel are responsible for planning instructional activities that meet the needs, interests and abilities of students. They strive to create a classroom environment that brings to life the Hillel mission. At Hillel, we inspire a passion for learning, responsibility to self and community, and devotion to Jewish living in a warm, innovative, and engaging environment.
• Plan, prepare and deliver instructional lessons that facilitate active learning experiences.
• Integrate the use of technology to provide a variety of educational activities.
• Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment, observe, evaluate, encourage and provide feedback on each student's performance and development.
• Actively listen to student questions and concerns and address individual learning needs.
• Receive routine, ongoing feedback and support from an outstanding leadership team
• Promote a collaborative teaching environment where all responsibilities are managed with a team oriented approach.
Deep knowledge of:
• TaNaKh (Bible)
• Jewish History
• Rabbinic Literature (Mishnah, Talmud, and commentaries)
• Jewish Life Cycle events
• Jewish holidays and observances
Demonstrated professionalism, responsibility, and a strong work ethic
Positive attitude and a drive for personal excellence
Outstanding instructional and classroom management skills
Ability to progress monitor students’ learning and differentiate accordingly
Ability to integrate technology into curriculum
Ability to work effectively with administrators, colleagues, office and school based staff, students, parents and community
Familiarity with the TaNaCh Standards and Benchmarks Project
About Hillel Day School of Metropolitan Detroit
Hillel Day School's mission is to deliver academic excellence in a caring Jewish environment. Fulfilling Hillel Day School's mission requires the support of talented people who share a common vision. Our faculty and staff are dedicated and knowledgeable, caring and innovative, collegial and generous of spirit. They are well-versed in their chosen areas of specialty, and they are energized by young people. They engage students and the community on a variety of levels and in a variety of settings. They are open to new approaches to curriculum and to new teaching strategies.
Hillel Day School faculty and staff are powerful role models. By being both demanding and compassionate, they bring out the best in their students and command their respect.