The Links at Perry Cabin, a championship 18-hole golf course, is the ultimate destination private club located along the Eastern Shore of Maryland. The last course completed by the legendary Pete Dye and Alice Dye, Links at Perry Cabin is a golfer’s dream and an exhilarating challenge for even the most skilled player.
Built on a peninsula where farms and forests meet the shore, Links showcases Pete Dye’s unique ability to sculpt fairways and greens into natural expressions of the earth itself. Winding through indigenous trees and undulating terrain, the golf course is filled with inspiration from iconic golf holes such as the island green at TPC Sawgrass, and the “Biarritz” hole at the course at Yale.
Providing a lasting impression are the last three holes, aptly named the “Goodnight Kiss.” Believing the end of any course should be the most memorable, akin to a goodnight kiss on a first date, Pete designed the final greens to remain in the golfer’s mind long after the round is over – each exciting, challenging and fun in their own way.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist in the development of the annual maintenance budget and operating plan. Implement the plan according to Company operating policies and procedures to ensure cost containment.
· Plan and implement staffing schedules to ensure quality standards are achieved at minimum employee cost.
· Supervise and perform various maintenance duties to maintain the golf course in proper playing condition according to Company standards.
· Supervise the development and maintenance of drainage, irrigation, pumping and water reservoir systems.
· Supervise all planting, fertilizing and care of turf, plants, shrubs, and trees on the golf course and grounds. Assist with the development and implementation of a fertilizer, aeration and Integrated Pest Management program for proper turf grass and plant care.
· Supervise course construction projects.
· Supervise and assist in the maintenance of all equipment and facilities including: Maintenance Equipment and Facility, Clubhouse Equipment and Facilities, Pumping Facilities, and all Facility restrooms.
· Ensure maintenance of all appropriate quality and cleanliness standards including, but not
limited to, employee hygiene and uniforms, equipment repair areas, equipment storage areas, chemical and fertilizer storage areas, receiving areas, washing areas, lunch room areas, restrooms, etc.
· Monitor the purchase ordering and receiving program to maintain proper inventories of supplies and ensure proper quantity and price on all purchases.
· Ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, OSHA rules and regulations, relating to chemical and fertilizer storage and disposal, employee safety, public safety, etc.
· Manage employment activities for applicable staff members, including but not limited to, personnel recruitment and selection, performance evaluations, training, compensation, discipline and termination, etc.
· Maintain accurate records for pertaining to department activities including, but not limited to, labor schedules, course maintenance, construction activities, equipment repair, safety meetings and activities, fertilizer and chemical applications and pest control practices. Assure the efficient and timely submission of all required operational, financial, budgetary and related reports.
· Maintain knowledge of current and projected industry developments through continuous attention to industry periodicals and participation in relevant trade associations and organizations.
· Perform other duties as appropriate.
Previous experience maintaining Bentgrass Greens, Tees, and Fairways in the transition zone
Experience overseeing a crew of 24 or more in season
Experience in the use of pesticides commonly associated with Golf Course maintenance, including the mixing, storing, and handling of pesticides as well as the ability accurately and efficiently complete pesticide applications
Ability to oversee all aspects of golf course maintenance and insure quality standards are met
High school education required, college degree in turfgrass management or related fields preferred.
· 3 years golf course maintenance, supervisory and/or management experience.
· Demonstrated experience and capability in the areas of budget development, fiscal management, strategic planning, staff management.
· Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
· Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
· Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations
Applicants without GCSAA Membership can email there Cover Letter and Resume to Superintendent Peter Danaher at Pdanaher@perrycabinresorts.com
Additional Salary Information: Salary based on Experience, Benefits include PTO, Healthcare, Dental, Vision, 401k
About The Links at Perry Cabin
Designed by the legendary Pete Dye, Links at Perry Cabin is a work of art that tees up a truly world class golf experience that will challenge golfers at every level.