Supervises assigned crews to include hiring, developing, evaluating, and disciplining. Develops plans to meet or exceed the specifications, safety requirements, and production pace. Performs short and long-term scheduling to maximize the utilization of crews, equipment, and materials. Maintains communication with other departments to ensure goals are being achieved. Completes and maintains documentation for Joint Commission, OSHA, Air Pollution Emissions Notice. Promotes customer service initiative by maintaining safe and easy to access facilities.
1. Reviews job files thoroughly for completion prior to the start of new construction projects
2. Schedules jobs daily and prepares daily load sheets
3. Supervises loading procedures ensuring that installers have proper materials, equipment and safety gear
4. Dispatches installation crews to assignments 5. Visits job sites and reviews work in progress in terms of productivity and safety standards. May bid jobs.
6. Orders sufficient materials to complete the jobs
7. Reviews time cards for accuracy and completeness
8. Reviews current projects and plans future projects, ensuring that materials are available
9. Conducts safety meetings on a regular basis, and reviews equipment for maintaining safety standards
10. Maintains documentation for JCAHO, OSHA and City & County of Denver
11. Coordinates utility shut-downs
12. Adheres to, complies with and demonstrates support for the mission and values of Denver Health
13. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Working knowledge of construction equipment, functions, features, and abilities
2. Detailed knowledge of plans and specifications
3. Leadership and team building skills
4. Effective interpersonal verbal and written communications skills
5. Ability to prepare reports, business correspondence, and documents
6. Ability to read and interpret blue prints, soil analysis and boring reports
7. Working knowledge of The Joint Commission Elements of Performance relating to Environment of Care and Life Safety
Computers and Technology
1. Microsoft Office
2. Microsoft Project
1. High School Diploma or GED required.
2. Five years facilities maintenance experience required.
1. Valid Colorado Driver's License Required
2. One or combination of Construction "A" Supervisors Certificate (Denver), Master Plumber License (State), Journeyman carpenter, Asbestos supervisor/worker certification, Asbestos inspector/management planner
Work Type Full time
All job applicants for safety-sensitive positions must pass a pre-employment drug test, once a conditional offer of employment has been made.
Denver Health is an integrated, efficient, high-quality academic health care system that is considered a model for the nation. The Denver Health system includes the Rocky Mountain Regional Level I Trauma Center, a 525-bed acute care medical center, Denver's 911 emergency medical response system, 8 family health centers, 15 school-based health centers, the Rocky Mountain Poison and Drug Center, the Denver Public Health Department, an HMO, and The Denver Health Foundation.
As Colorado's primary safety net institution, Denver Health is a mission-driven organization that has provided more than $3.3 billion in care for the uninsured in the last ten years. Denver Health is a leader in performance and quality improvements and remains financially secure, in part, due to its nationally recognized implementation of lean principles in healthcare. Denver Health is a major resource to the community, serving approximately 185,000 individuals and 67,000 children a year.
Located just south of downtown Denver, Denver Health is just minutes away from many of the cultural and recreational activities Denver has to offer.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce and Denver Health is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
"Denver Health is committed to provide equal treatment and equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Denver Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class."
Internal Number: 2099
About Denver Health
Take your career to the next level at Denver Health, where we offer a robust benefits package and endless opportunities for growth. Denver Health is a nationally-ranked, locally-trusted, premier healthcare institution located in the heart of Denver, Colorado.Twenty-five percent of all Denver residents, or approximately 150,000 individuals, receive their health care here. We are known as an integrated health care system that encompasses multidisciplinary academic specialties, a community health system, a level I adult trauma center, pediatric emergency and urgent care center home to Denver Public Health and many of the nation’s leaders in medicine.