Georgetown Day School welcomes applicants for Instructional Support Specialist in the Lower School (pk-4). As an integral member of the Lower School team, the Instructional Support Specialist serves two primary goals: ensuring continuity of instruction in the HyFlex environment, and leading ongoing training for teams of classroom assistants. The Instructional Support Specialist will work flexibly with teachers and students to support online planning, lesson implementation and integration focused on literacy and numeracy. Working closely with Lower School leadership, this role is critical to provide all students with continuity in high quality, mission-driven learning.
· Work independently and collaboratively with grade level teams to plan for aligned, high quality student learning experiences
· Work with small groups of students virtually, primarily in literacy and numeracy, to ensure for equitable learning and engagement in GDS’ program
Lead and Develop
· Design a training sequence to support ongoing development of classroom assistants
· Engage teacher assistants with a range of experiences in their professional growth
· Perform other related duties as assigned in accordance with school policies and practices
The ideal candidate will:
· Establish effective working relationships with staff and students
· Demonstrate flexibility without compromising work quality
· Effectively communicate with staff, students and families
· Balance, organize and plan for a range and variety of instructional activities across multiple grade levels
· Maintain a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality when dealing with student, staff and/or parent information
· Promote 21st century educational excellence through the vigorous support of the mission and goals of the school; and
· Use data-informed and research-based best practices to plan for teaching and engage students in learning
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and list of three references using our online application system. To apply and to find out more about the school, candidates should visit our website at www.gds.org.