The Oakwood School is seeking a dedicated and passionate Teacher Assistant for the Lower School PK3 program.
The ideal candidate will have the following characteristics:
Ability to take initiative in recognizing an immediate need and meeting it without
Excellent understanding of the social, emotional, and academic needs of preschool age students and how to joyfully, and enthusiastically provide for them
Assist the Lead Teacher in providing a developmentally appropriate classroom environment that reflects on the children’s learning and growth
Ability to work under the supervision of the Lead Teacher, including following lesson
plans prepared by the teacher and to work effectively with individual children and
small groups, meeting the instructional objectives as established by the teacher
Willingness and ability to reflect on one’s own lessons and teaching and adapt
them to meet the different needs of students
Desire to work in a diverse and inclusive school environment
Commitment to work collaboratively with colleagues
Ability to communicate respectfully, proactively, and honestly both verbally and
in writing with parents, colleagues, and administrators regarding curriculum,
students, and child development issues
Participate in grade-level, division meetings, before and after-school duties, faculty meetings, Oakwood functions, clubs and athletic events, and any other duties as assigned.
Maintain strong, professional relationships with colleagues in an environment where listening, critical thinking, respectful debate and compromise is welcomed and essential
A minimum of a college degree in a relevant field and experience as an assistant
teacher or working with children in a classroom environment;
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, résumé and list of three references with telephone numbers to Lower School Division Coordinator, Linda Uveges, at email@example.com.
About The Oakwood School
The Oakwood School Mission Statement:
The Oakwood School seeks to instill in its students the strength of character, the creativity, and the wisdom to make a difference in the world.
The Oakwood School Statement of Philosophy
The Oakwood School exists to help our students to learn and to love learning, to value themselves and others, adn to become contributing members of ever-larger communities.
The Oakwood School Belief Statements:
* We believe in respect, responsibility, and honesty to self and others.
* We believe students become enthusiastic lifelong learners and develop a sense of community in small classes where they are valued and supported by others and where their talents and energy are recognized and enhance the common life.
* We believe that the need to develop positive relationships with others is as basic to human nature as is the need to learn.
* We believe that students come to understand that their growth occurs in the context of others' needs and views; that their own gifts can enrich the lives of others; and that other human beings, however different, have inherent dignity and value.
* We believe that both within and beyond the school walls, students learn that service to others is one of the deepest satisfactions the human spirit can know.