This is a dream opportunity for an outstanding educational leader. The current superintendent is retiring after thirty years of exceptional service to the district and broader educational community. This type of opportunity comes up very rarely.
Bennett Valley Union School District serves approximately 1,000 students from preschool to grade six in its two schools, Strawberry and Yulupa. The district's schools are located in Southeast Santa Rosa in quiet, residential neighborhoods combining the best of rural and suburban settings. The Bennett Valley Union School District is a school community where the state of the arts in teaching and learning meld with the past, teaching children of their roots, while providing them wings for tomorrow. Within a learning climate that encourages innovation and creativity, children are nurtured to learn a broad-based academic and extended curriculum necessary for their continuing education and future success. Parent involvement, a hallmark of our district, is vitally important to our overall educational program. Parents and educators work together in an ever-evolving partnership for the children of Bennett Valley.
Bennett Valley students attend the Santa Rosa High School District, or other secondary schools in the county.
• California Administrative Services Credential
• Masters Degree or higher
• Significant successful teaching experience, preferably at the elementary level
• Significant and successful administrative experience as a principal, district office administrator, superintendent/principal, or superintendent
• Special education experience as an administrator is a major plus
• Expertise with curriculum and instruction is a major plus
• The ability to speak, read, and write in Spanish is a plus
• Apply at Edjoin.org starting February 15 (closes March 12, 5pm)
About Mahoney Consulting
Mahoney Consulting provides an array of services for schools and districts in Marin, Sonoma, Napa, Lake, and Mendocino Counties, specializing in assisting school boards search for and employ outstanding educational leaders.