The New Rochelle Board of Education seeks an experienced, dynamic and collaborative educational leader to fill the position of Superintendent of Schools. A contract of at least three years and a target salary range starting from $270,000 to $295,000, depending upon years of experience, will be offered to the successful candidate.
The City School District of New Rochelle seeks a Superintendent who:
• Possesses excellent people skills, presents a positive image of the District and will listen to input and make a decision when necessary. • Possesses the leadership skills required to respond to the opportunities and challenges presented by an ethnically and culturally diverse community. • Inspires trust, has high levels of self-confidence and optimism, and models high standards of integrity and personal performance. • Is a strong communicator -- speaking, listening and writing. • Has experience recruiting and maintaining exceptional staff for the District and schools. • Is strongly committed to a “student-first” philosophy in all decisions. • Is able to develop and communicate a vision of quality education for the future to the Board of Education, staff and community, with successful experience in the selection and implementation of educational priorities consistent with the interests and needs of students, staff, board and community. Is able to identify and select building and central administrators capable of advancing that vision. • Possesses the ability to enhance student performance, especially in identifying and closing or narrowing gaps in student achievement. • Promotes a positive and professional environment for District employees and the Board. • Commitment to and experience dealing with all genders, races and socio-economic groups. • Demonstrates commitment to community visibility with high interest in a broad range of community groups and organizations. • Is capable of developing both short- and long-range District goals. • Classroom experience preferred not required.
A doctoral degree is preferred. New York State School District Leader or School District Administrator certification is required.
About City School District of New Rochelle
District Enrollment: 10,503
• Building Enrollment: Elementary School (K-5): 4,431. Secondary School
(6-12): 5,533. The demographic breakdown of the student body is 50%
Hispanic, 24% White, 20% African-American, 4% Asian, 1% multiracial
and 1% Native American/Alaskan/Hawaiian/Pacific Islander.
Multi-language learners comprise 13% of the student body. The
percentage who receive free and reduced-price lunch is 50.7%.
The total number of in-district students with disabilities is 1,443.
• The 2020-2021 budget is $283,930,535. State aid comprises
16.9% of the budget. The taxable assessed value of our district
is about $264 million.
• District leadership includes the nine-member board of education,
superintendent of schools, high school principal, two middle school
principals and seven elementary school principals.
• The median household income in New Rochelle is $80,918.
• The median home value is $562,700. The total number of households
receiving SNAP assistance is 39.2%.