At Hillel Day School, we inspire a passion for learning, responsibility to self and community, and devotion to Jewish living in a warm, innovative, and engaging environment.
Hillel Day School is a vibrant and joyful, early childhood-through-eighth grade Jewish day school in Farmington Hills, Michigan. Hillel is committed to embracing an authentic and rigorous education for the modern learner. Teachers at Hillel enjoy fostering an academic culture of innovation, collaboration, and creativity where learning is lasting and infectious.
We are seeking a dynamic and passionate Hebrew/Judaic Studies Teacher
In this role:
• You will plan, build, deliver, and measure the success of student-centered classroom lessons within the context of our school's Judaic Studies and/or Ivrit curricula.
• You will integrate the use of technology to provide a variety of educational activities.
• You will collaborate with partner teachers and administrators to advance the mission of the school.
• You will cultivate warm, authentic, positive relationships with current and prospective students and parents.
You need to be:
• Excited about and experienced with education in the areas of Ivrit, and/or TaNaCh, Rabbinics, Israel, and thematic exploration of Judaic Studies.
• For Ivrit: A native or fluent Hebrew speaker with relevant experience and/or credentials.
• Eager to continue learning, improving, and experimenting on your own and as part of a collaborative team.
• Organized and detail oriented.
• An extraordinary communicator, both in speech and in writing.
• Upbeat with a genuine interest in the education of adolescents.
• Creative, flexible, professional, and responsible, and have a strong work ethic.
About Hillel Day School
Hillel Day School's mission is to deliver academic excellence in a caring Jewish environment. Fulfilling Hillel Day School's mission requires the support of talented people who share a common vision. Our faculty and staff are dedicated and knowledgeable, caring and innovative, collegial and generous of spirit. They are well-versed in their chosen areas of specialty, and they are energized by young people. They engage students and the community on a variety of levels and in a variety of settings. They are open to new approaches to curriculum and to new teaching strategies.
Hillel Day School faculty and staff are powerful role models. By being both demanding and compassionate, they bring out the best in their students and command their respect.