Reports to: Director of Elementary or Assistant Directors of Elementary
Associate teachers are expected to honor the professional and cultural norms of all head teachers. Duties specific to the position of associate teacher also include, but are not limited to:
* supporting the head teacher in day to day planning and instruction
* planning and implementing small group instruction in various disciplines
* serving as lead classroom teacher in the head teacher’s absence
* making logistical arrangements for special projects (i.e. field trips, class activities, etc.)
* preparing instructional material (math groups, book groups, etc.), as directed by head teacher
* performing duties outside the primary classroom responsibilities as directed by the head teacher, director, and assistant director (i.e. lunch duty, car pool/pick-up and drop-off, transitional week of summer camp, assistance in other classrooms, etc.)
* collaborating professionally with colleagues
* attending all faculty meetings
* demonstrating Life Skills and the use of Habits of Mind and Heart within the school community, supporting students’ social and emotional growth through caring interaction and instruction in and outside of the classroom, as consistent with the culture and norms of Wildwood
* following all protocols and policies in the Employee Handbook ? participating in and supporting all multicultural initiatives
* maintaining healthy communication with colleagues and families
Internal Number: 2122
About Wildwood School
Wildwood School is an urban, coed, college-preparatory, K-12 school in West Los Angeles recognized for its innovative practices, progressive pedagogy, and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion programming. Celebrating its 50th anniversary, the school enrolls 750 students in three divisions on two campuses. Wildwood School’s deep commitment to ongoing professional development feeds a renowned Outreach Center that has provided programming for public and independent school teachers, administrators, and trustees in over 16 states and eight countries. Wildwood School is also a founding member of the Mastery Transcript Consortium.
Wildwood School is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture and welcomes teachers and staff members who bring skills, qualities, and/or experiences that demonstrate an understanding of and ability to support our work surrounding multicultural education, global citizenship, and sustaining a diverse and inclusive school community.
To learn more about Wildwood School, visit our website at www.wildwood.org.
Wildwood School is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best... available persons in every job. Wildwood School policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, gender identity, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local law or ordinance or regulation. Wildwood School also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the School’s non-discrimination policies, including its Title IX policy:
Director of Human Resource
Director of Equity and Inclusion
11811 Olympic Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90064
12201 Washington Place, Los Angeles, CA 90066
For assistance related to Title IX or other civil rights laws, please contact OCR at OCR@ed.gov or 800-421-3481.