Our Lady of Fatima Parish School Principal Qualities
Located in Seattle’s Magnolia neighborhood, Our Lady of Fatima Parish School was established in 1954 as a primary ministry of Our Lady of Fatima Parish. The school is first and foremost an instrument of the Gospel and for only the third time in over 30 years, we are searching for a new principal to lead our school community in spiritual, academic, and long-term growth.
At Our Lady of Fatima Parish School we are called by the Trinity to build the Kingdom, living in solidarity with our human family, celebrating diversity, affirming the dignity of each person, and embracing equity and social justice. We strive to create a vibrant, faith-based environment where each child is respected as an individual and challenged to be the best he or she can be. The expectation is that each Fatima student will be an active Catholic, life-long learner, effective communicator, and socially responsible person whose values, attitudes and interpersonal skills are rooted in faith, hope, love and mercy. Curious minds. Compassionate hearts. Serving the world.
Our Lady of Fatima’s next principal will be our “School CEO” possessing the following traits:
1. Community Leader: As the spiritual leader of our school, the principal both appreciates shared customs and celebrates diversity, in order to foster our strong community. This individual will have a demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and social justice.
2. Academic Guide: Our principal is dedicated to educating the whole child by:
a. Providing academic guidance to encourage the high achievement of all students.
b. Utilizing technology to support student instruction, including a demonstrated proficiency with Google Classroom, Alma and Zoom.
c. Encouraging and guiding teacher and staff intellectual development and training in academics, social emotional learning, as well as equity and inclusion.
d. Creating intellectual opportunities that are interwoven with the Catholic worldview, such as service learning.
3. Builder of School Culture: Our principal will foster a joyful and vibrant Catholic community for the parish, teachers, staff, parents and students that is supported by systems aligned with our school’s mission, vision and values.
4. Future-focused: Our principal will draw on acute business acumen to direct the future of the school as it relates to finances, development, enrollment and human resources.
5. Transparent: As a communicative leader, our principal is committed to providing autonomy, transparency, and authenticity.
6. Committed: Our principal has the desire to establish themselves as a long-lasting principal at Our Lady of Fatima, creating a lasting legacy and a path for future generations.
As a school, we are blessed with solid financial health and high marks in recent accreditation. With six core areas, serving as pillars to guide us in our pursuit of greater excellence, we look forward to the future as we deepen our love and relationship with Christ through the teachings of the Gospel.