Westmark School is currently seeking a Lower School Teacher. Our ideal candidate will possess a knowledge base and passion for teaching students, preferably with language-based learning differences, and be able to organize and implement an instructional program that will capitalize on student strengths and be in accordance with Westmark School’s mission.
Teach classes to students with language-based learning differences;
Plan and implement curriculum;
Submit weekly lesson plans to the Lower School Director
Integrate technology into the curriculum following best practices;
Maintain class PowerSchool page;
Regularly update and post to PowerSchool class grade book;
Use behavior management systems that are effective with students with language-based learning differences;
Provide a positive environment that encourages students to actively participate in their own learning;
Provide effective and consistent communication with parents and Lower School Director regarding students’ behaviors, academic concerns and progress;
Individualize lessons to fit students’ needs;
Model professional and ethical standards when interacting with students, parents, peers, and the community;
Additional duties as assigned.
· Master’s degree in education, special education or related field preferred;
· Credential, graduate degree or extensive graduate work in the field of Special Education or learning disabilities;
· Minimum 2-4 years classroom teaching experience;
· Strong desire to teach students with language-based learning differences;
· Knowledge of multi-sensory teaching methodologies;
· Experience with technology, specifically iPads, PCs and SMART Technologies;
· Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills;
· Strong organization and time-management skills;
Desire to continue to develop professionally by learning new programs and methodologies
Westmark School is a creative and supportive college preparatory school dedicated to educating, empowering, and celebrating students with distinct learning styles, providing the tools necessary to achieve successful and fulfilling futures.
Located in Encino, CA, Westmark offers competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. We seek talented professionals who are committed to excellence.