Los Encinos School, a K-6 elementary school serving 170 students in Encino, CA is looking for a talented, and professional elementary teacher to teach in a collaborative classroom setting for the 2021-22 school year.
I. PURPOSE OF POSITION
The educator will have an innovative and vibrant style of teaching, will collaborate with colleagues and students on interdisciplinary projects, and will embrace instructional technology and innovative teaching strategies.
II. LIST OF TASKS OR DUTIES
* Works with a team to plan and implement a developmentally appropriate curriculum
* Promotes learning in the areas of academic, social-emotional, and physical development and motivates enthusiasm of children to actively participate in the learning process.
* Assesses and provides differentiated instruction for individual differences among students.
* Communicates openly with teammate(s) regarding shared classroom responsibilities, delivery of curriculum, and individual student and parent needs.
* Verbally communicates with children in a positive manner. Communicate clearly and honestly in verbal, electronic, and written form with parents, administrators, and colleagues about curriculum, children, and child development issues.
* Demonstrates professionalism through reliability, punctuality, cooperation, organization, participation in meetings, and staff development opportunities, as well as personal appearance and self-care, and maintains personal integrity and a respectful attitude in professional relationships.
* Keeps current in contemporary pedagogical thinking, strategies, and techniques through the reading of professional journals and attendance at professional conferences, workshops, and courses.
* Integrates school-wide themes with classroom themes and work with the Director of Integration and specialist team to help students make connections in their learning across disciplines.
* Utilizes and integrates meaningful and appropriate technology within the curriculum and update classroom webpage daily.
III. SUPERVISION OF OTHERS
* Teaching assistants
IV. OTHER WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
* All staff
* Students and parents
For more information about Los Encinos School, please visit our website at www.losencinosschool.org.
Education and Experience:
Experience teaching technology in an elementary setting is preferred; A teaching credential and Bachelors degree, or Masters degree is required.
Los Encinos School is dedicated to excellence and promotes the principles and practices of diversity throughout our school community.