Park Tudor is currently seeking an experienced, passionate, and collaborative Kindergarten Teacher for the 2021-22 school year. The ideal candidate will have a degree in Early Childhood Education, broad knowledge of child development and a deep respect for the thoughts, ideas and intellectual capacities of young children. This position requires excellent communication skills and an ability to connect deeply with students, parents and colleagues. Ideal candidates will embrace and utilize brain-based research to inform their teaching, be well-informed around issues of social justice and committed to anti-bias instruction and will actively strive to implement best practices in the classroom.
Park Tudor’s center for early childhood education provides an environment specifically for young learners. In our full-day program, our students begin developing the social and academic skills that become the base for future learning and success.
Utilize developmentally appropriate practices and brain-based research to inform their teaching
Work collaboratively with the teaching team to create differentiated lessons which incorporate children’s interests and academic goals·
Engage in all aspects of the Park Tudor community while promoting and supporting the mission statement and core values
Park Tudor School offers excellent pay and a comprehensive benefits package. Our professional development focuses on Mind, Brain, and Education research and application; Equity and Inclusion; and Community Engaged Learning. Professional development opportunities are also available for participation in conferences, workshops, and membership in professional organizations. Park Tudor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Those who would add to the diversity of our staff are strongly encouraged to apply. Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and complete the online job application.
For more information regarding Park Tudor School, consult the Park Tudor website at www.parktudor.org.
About Park Tudor School
Park Tudor is an independent school in Indianapolis, Indiana that prides itself on upholding a tradition of academic excellence that began in 1902. As a college preparatory school for children ages 3 through grade 12, we provide an exceptional learning environment where children are encouraged to explore opportunities, exceed expectations, and expand possibilities. Small class sizes, a safe and caring atmosphere, and numerous extracurricular activities that include the arts and athletics, ensure that each child at Park Tudor receives a unique educational experience catered to his or her individual passions.
Park Tudor School offers excellent pay and a comprehensive benefit package. Our professional development focuses on Mind, Brain, and Education research and application, Equity and Inclusion, and Community Engaged Learning. Professional development opportunities are also available for participation in conferences, workshops, and membership in professional organizations. Park Tudor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Those who would add to the diversity of our staff are strongly encouraged to apply.
To create an inspiring college-preparatory learning envir...onment, with exceptional educators and extraordinary opportunities, that prepares and motivates students to become balanced, confident, and resourceful lifelong learners.
Ignite curiosity. Instill compassion. Inspire courage.
Integrity Intellectual Engagement Resourcefulness
Park Tudor at a Glance:
• 9-to-1 student-teacher ratio
• 100% college placement rate; more than 90% of students attend one of their top 3 colleges of choice
• More than $3.8 million in financial aid awarded annually to our students
• Consistently among the highest average SAT scores in the state
• Indy’s only Global Scholars Program: Park Tudor's unique version of the International Baccalaureate, designed specifically to be the ultimate college preparatory program for highly motivated juniors and seniors
• Focus on global citizenship through comprehensive world languages program starting in junior kindergarten
• 28% of student body come from racially and ethnically diverse backgrounds
• 15 Upper School and 12 Middle School sports offered
• 80% of students participate in fine arts and 80% play on an athletic team
• International experiences for students in grades 4-12 through study-travel programs
• Commitment to Community Engaged Learning
• Full-day junior and senior kindergarten programs
• Focused liberal arts program with dynamic world language and fine arts programs at every grade level