The Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy seeks a part time Teacher for our Innovation Lab and STEAM program. The ideal candidate will be familiar with STEM/STEAM education and interested in learning more about implementing project-based learning for our Middle and Upper School curriculum.
Responsibilities and Primary Duties
• Co-teach STEAM/STEM courses and electives.
• Assist the STEAM Director and support STEAM department faculty.
• Assist in maintaining lab equipment and keep the lab organized and clean.
Skills and Requirements
We are looking for people with the following skills (do not need to have all of the below):
• Woodshop equipment, Soldering, Power tools, and Making!
• Google Skills and Microsoft Office Suite or similar software
Other Qualifications (preferred):
• Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM related field.
• Experience in working with students or working in a makerspace.
• Comfortable around students in middle and high school.
• Familiarity with PC and Mac platforms
About Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy
Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy is a pluralistic Jewish day school in grades 6-12. Located in Bryn Mawr, PA (metropolitan Philadelphia), JBHA is the premier Jewish day school in the Delaware Valley, attracting students from Philadelphia and its suburbs, Allentown, southern New Jersey, and Wilmington, Delaware. The school integrates a comprehensive and rigorous college preparatory curriculum with the teaching of essential Jewish and American values and texts. Guided by our four Derech Eretz values of Honor, Moral Courage, Kindness and Community/, Barrack values diversity, celebrates the richness of Judaism's language, culture, and history, and is strongly connected to Israel. Barrack prepares future leaders of the American, Jewish and global communities who work for a better world through acts of justice and compassion.
Please check out the academic program, extracurricular activities and life of the school at the web site, www.jbha.org