The Salisbury School, a small, private college preparatory school in Salisbury, Maryland, has an opening for an experienced Upper School math teacher. An ideal candidate would be well-versed in a variety of advanced math courses and should also be open to teaching electives. Individuals who have taught for at least three years, have an advanced degree in math, privilege experiential learning, use technology in the classroom, and effectively differentiate are strongly desired to fit our academic environment. Position is subject to a background check.
Please submit cover letter and resume for consideration.
- Plan, teach, and evaluate students in math classes.
- Maintain the highest quality of instruction and expectations for students.
- Communicate effectively and frequently with parents.
- Collaborate with teachers, Department Head, and Division Head in regular curricular review, ensuring best practices in math instruction.
- Serve as an adviser for a group 10 to 12 students.
- Participate in other student activities (dances, field trips, special days (such as Global Awareness Day, Grandparents Day, etc.)
- Attend faculty meetings, assemblies, and other required school events.
-Maintain an updated and accurate on-line homework website and grade book.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three or more years of experience teaching math preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year institution.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible and inclusive personality
- Experience with frequent collaboration and an eagerness to plan units and lessons with other math colleagues, as well as cross-curricular lessons
- Ability to differentiate instruction and address a range of learning styles.
The Salisbury School is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
https://www.facebook.com/thesalisburyschoolhttps://www.instagram.com/thesalisburyschool/The Salisbury School is a PreK-12 independent school on the eastern shore of Maryland. The school is minutes away from Ocean City, Maryland as well as Delaware beaches. We have over 350 students with approximately 90-100 in our upper school. We will help with moving costs if needed.